Santa, The Sleigh And 8 Reindeer

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

EXCELLENT Job Kate ...

But I have to wonder .. how did you get your husband to dress in a Santa suit and sit in the sleigh all day ??? :-)

hehe

This santa does stay in the sleigh all day and night everyday. When the weather gets bad (raining in Texas) he is moved into my garage. Some kids get very upset when they talk to him and he does not answer. The elves also stay by the sleigh and reindeer. Next year I think Mrs. Claus will be joining them!

post-9723-0-38811500-1355588006_thumb.jp

• 1 month later...

please tell where and how you got your patterns im new to this side of my display but im going in full steam i need tips please can you share some of your secrets of how you get your patterns transferred and what products you use paint etc tyvm and these are some of the best i have scene Im very envious beautiful work do you have any single pics of each character i can somewhat trace them off my pc and then try and transfer with a projector if you could allow me to copy some of your images or tell a better way too I would appreciate it private message me if you would prefer to send them via email i would so love to do some of these thank you and i will give you my email thanks and i hope to hear from you soon

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Yes I search Google Images and find the one I want to use. I then enlarge the digital image using Paint until I get the finished size I want. The trace onto the plywood. The detail on the reindeer is all just hand painted, no pattern for that.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I am big into the wood cut outs and you did a very good job. Taking this year off and redoing all my cut outs and going to add light-o-rama to it and a moving train.. your santa and elfs looks great. never could find a santa that looks real like you made. Can I get some in put on how to make the santa and elfs. you can email me at [email protected]

To date, this has to be the best display of detail I have seen... Hats off to you from one Texan to another... I bow in the presence of your threads.. and artwork... Not sure if you are aware.. but I would put your work beside MSU's Fantasy of Lights in Wichita Falls, Tx.. and better than anything seen at 

Interlochen in arlington, TX... 

Hopefully you know what I am talking about.. Great job.. Very great job.. a full Texas bow to you.. Just wow!

Edited by Sidetrack73