Timers?

I'm looking for some good simple timers to turn some stuff on/off twice per day (eg, 4p > 12p, 5a>7a). With what I've been using I've had varying problems with the programming displays washing out, time drifting (sometimes by several minutes per day so some stuff comes on a lot later than other stuff), things locking either on or off, or a couple of Westinghouse units that simply went flaky after a few weeks.

Any suggestions appreciated (my search turned up nothing).

Hardwired Intermatic timers.

I'm with Justin. A few years ago I switched to an electronic version and it is spot on. All of my outside outlets are wired to one timer. To handle the load, between the circuits and the timer are contactors. The timer sends a signal to the contactors that closes the circuts and the all is bright. I had an electrician install mine.

All of my outside outlets are wired to one timer. To handle the load, between the circuits and the timer are contactors. ...
Wish I could do that. When we built our house I requested two dedicated circuits for outside outlets. I even verified with the electrician that he was doing so. Not. Ended up with all outside outlets on a single GFI circuit with two baths. My wife didn't want them ripping out a bunch of sheetrock to do it right after we'd moved in so I got back the $150 we'd paid extra and still have that one unswitchable circuit.