Any Ideas On How To Use 1 Tree Star On 2 Channels (mega Tree) Without Having To Use Another Channel

So here's what I'm trying to accomplish... I have my mega tree with a inexpensive $10 led start on top... I have 2 channels for the tree, green and white. How can I have the star come on with both colors, without using 1 more channel just for 1 star. I tried a diode with a common wire, with 2 male plugs on the end, which worked for about 20 seconds then blew 3 out of 6 fuses on my green mega tree... I know there has to be a way to do it, but if not then next year I'll add it to a separate channel.

You can use two relays but these will only pull in when the voltage crosses the pull-in threshold.

You can also wire the star to a channel that stays on all of the time like the sign channel. This will result in a floating star above your display at times but I've seen worse.

You can use a DPDT throw relay with a 120VAC coil. Power the coil of the relay from one of the channels. The Neutral to the star the hot leg of one of the channels to COM on one pole of the relay the NO goes to the HOT leg on the star. Power from the 2nd channel, the hot leg to the COM on the 2nd pole of the relay and wire the NC to the HOT leg on the star. If you don't want to run the 3rd wire to the star you could just wire the NO of the 1st pole you are using to the NC of the 2nd pole and just have one HOT wire going to the star.

I hope this makes sense if you have any questions ask away.