Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
jacobjdell

2012 Magic In The Sky Group Buy

Magic in the Sky is pleased to announce that we will be offering a 2012 group buy sale beginning on December 16th, 2011 and closing in January 2012. Although the details are still being worked out, this year will have two pricing tiers based on full case or individual strand purchases. I know we learned ALOT during the 2011 sale and will use what we have discovered to ensure faster delivery of the same great product.

We are also working on a website update to include a “Lights in Use” area where folks that are currently using MITS lights can show off their hard work. To help kick this off everyone that submits information for the Lights in Use area will be entered into a drawing on 12/16/11 with the winners receiving a MITS Lighting Crew shirt!

To enter please email the following information to [email protected]

Name:

City/State:

Displays Website Address:

Up to 200 words describing your display and how MITS Lights have worked out for you:

Video/pictures of display (can be files or links)

You are always welcome to email me [email protected]

post-12323-0-03805000-1323279005.jpg

Waiting for the 16th now. I have had one string fail, just half of the lights are working on a 100 count C6 Multi, but that is it. Better than other years I have bought,. Cases are looking mighty fine right now as well.

Out of 220 strands only 1 with a problem.It started blinking.Jacob sent a replacement right away.Cant say enough good things about Jacob and Ryan.Thanks guys for doing this.

I am just going to wait until I order and let them know. No rush, actually I might have a second one, but not sure it was one of there's

You can visit http://www.magicinthesky.com/lighting/2012.pdf to view our 2012 presale pricelist. We will be adding additional items during the week including icicles in M5, 5mm, C6 70 ct sizes. We have access to c7 and c9 strands, but they are really a larger lens over the same C6 LED. If we see enough intest in this item we will add it to the line-up. Please send questions to [email protected]

You did not indicate what will be available in white and green wire?

Currently we will have limited items on White wire, were you looking for something in particular?

This is the per strand price, we are still working out the full case discount

Sweeeet!

Currently we will have limited items on White wire, were you looking for something in particular?

I see you've already put it on the list. I was looking for M5 Warm White on White wire. I'm interested in 9-10 strings (or a whole case, if cheaper).

How about Multi color M5 on White wire? I'm interested in about 9-10 strings (or a case, if cheaper).

I'm also looking for C9 retro bulbs in Red, Green, and Blue ~ 25 of each.

The rest that I think I'm looking for would be green wire, and those are already on your list.

Thanks for all the work in getting the list ready (and still adjusting).

I see you've already put it on the list. I was looking for M5 Warm White on White wire. I'm interested in 9-10 strings (or a whole case, if cheaper).

How about Multi color M5 on White wire? I'm interested in about 9-10 strings (or a case, if cheaper).

I'm also looking for C9 retro bulbs in Red, Green, and Blue ~ 25 of each.

The rest that I think I'm looking for would be green wire, and those are already on your list.

Thanks for all the work in getting the list ready (and still adjusting).

We are still working on the c7 c9 retro fit. We did add the C7 stringers and can get the same in C9 if your interested, of course these strands only have one LED not a tri-design like the retrofits

We are still working on the c7 c9 retro fit. We did add the C7 stringers and can get the same in C9 if your interested, of course these strands only have one LED not a tri-design like the retrofits

What about M5 Multi on White wire?

First off, I had great transactions with MITS last year. I ordered quite a few strands of lights. All were of excellent quality. That being said i am hoping that the case pricing is less expensive than the listed single stand pricing. If not I am seriously looking into buying all RGB nodes and controllers.

We are getting pricing on net lights and will be adding them to the mix as soon as we get it in. The will be on green wire only