Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
jacobjdell

2012 Magic In The Sky Group Buy

I was wondering I the case quantity fir the m5 100ct strands are 24 as well

I thought last year they were 12

Um just trying to figure out how to spend my money and get free strands hehe

Also if I pay in full i get 2% off and if I buy over the $1024 mark I will get another 2% as well so will I end up getting a 4% off

Just wondering

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris,

All our case counts are 24 strands. You are correct if you prepaid and go over $1,024 you would have 4% off. This is on top of any case breaks you receive.

Jacob J. Dell

I know it's only been a day, but any update on the M5 Multi color on white wire, retro bulbs, and net lights on green wire?

Unless I overlooked the document, where is your per case pricing at?

Hi Jeremy,

Our cases are 24 strands each and our deal is buy 23 get the 24th free. This is a 4.167% discount per strand. You can view the whole list at www.magicinthesky.com/lighting/ and click on a creditcard link.

Oh the 2 and 4% only go toward the case broken strands?

the 2% prepaid and 2%over $1,024 apply to any order of the right size. If you buy full cases, prepaid, and ordered over $1,024 your total savings would be 8.167% off the catalog price Edited by jacobjdell

I know it's only been a day, but any update on the M5 Multi color on white wire, retro bulbs, and net lights on green wire?

We are trying to source the net lights. The factory that makes all our lights will not be making netlights this year so we are hunting down a quality source. On the m5 multi color on white white we haven't had any feedback on more folks waiting this item. PM me and we can discuss your quantity needs to see if we can get these made

Jacob,

Are the warm whites offered this year identical to the ones shipped last year? I want to make sure everything matches.

Hi Bill,

The Diamond Warm White 2012 version is the same as the 2011 Warm Candle White. After learning of the warm white color shift issues we bought out the factory of their remaining 2011 inventory and have the following stock guaranteed to match:

M5 50 count green wire 15 cases

C6 50 count green wire 41 cases

M5 70 count white wire 19 cases

We are working very carefully with the factory to get a match to the diamond white again this year. Many requested the more golden white so we have added Hill County Christmas to the mix.

Jacob J. Dell

Jacob,

Can you please clarify the "Minimum order of 12 strands is required"

Is that 12 strands of the same color and count or can this be a mixture of various sizes and colors????

Jacob,

Can you please clarify the "Minimum order of 12 strands is required"

Is that 12 strands of the same color and count or can this be a mixture of various sizes and colors????

Hi Dave, "Minimum order of 12 strands is required" is 12 of the same color and lens on selected special colors of icicles (yellow, orange, purple, multi) and the white wire series only. You can order individual strands of anything else in the catelog. This is becuase we have to special run these and need to reach minimum quantities to get them ran at the factory. Feel free to email or call to discuss your needs specifically to see what we can do.

Jacob J. Dell

We have been receiving a lot of requests on the C7/C9 retrofits and have sourced a reliable factory for both sizes. We have a sample pack shipping from China and once we put them through our QC we will beginning selling in the pre-order. Initial price on a Red C7 will be $0.72 and Red C9 $0.91. We hope to have these in place by Jan 1, 2012 and post a complete color/price list which will leave plenty of time for you to add to your order.

Jacob J. Dell

Jacob,

Will you be trying to improve upon last year's delivery standards? That was the only issue I had with my purchase last year. I realize you are a small outfit, but I didn't receive my lights until Sept. That put me far enough behind that I may consider buying elsewhere if you can't improve on that.

Hi Mark,

We did have shipping delays last year, largely due to not having a system in place to handle sorting and packaging. We have spent a good deal of time and invested in things from bar codes to a warehouse expansion to ensure that this will not be the case in 2012. I truly appreciated that you took a chance on us last year and am happy to hear that the lights worked out and hope you will try us again this year with the understanding that delivery will improve. You will receive tracking information when your order ships and we will have real time updates posting on our website to keep everyone up to date on the material movement from China. Thanks again.

Jacob J. Dell

Edited by jacobjdell

Any Chance of having red and green alternating on the same string, just like the icicle lights.

We can get custom color patterns like red/green alternating but the minimum run is 10 cases (240 strands). If you have a group of folks that would get us close to that count we can run it. Please email me [email protected] or pm with your details to see if we can do this.

In your opinion, which white, Diamond Warm or Hill Country, most closely resembles a traditional incandescent icicle? I'm hoping to get something that will match up fairly well with some incandescent icicles that I have in another part of the display.

Edited by millh0use