Did I Screw Up

Finally we are in our new house.last year i purchased some spt1 wire from christmas light show but i forgot to get the plugs.I ordered some spt2 plugs thought i had spt 2 wire so i got the spt 2 plugs.I put these plugs on my spt1 wire and the 3 outdoor wreaths i was making the cords for work but should i get plugs for spt1 wire which i have or are the plugs the same and i can use the ones i have.just low draw led wreaths.what do you guys think?plugs do say spt2 on them.

The only difference between SPT1 & SPT2 is the outside insulation and a couple of amps on the electrical draw so if the plugs penetrate the insulatiion into the copper wire you should have a connection, check if you do...... Then your good to go.

Yes the spt 2 plugs do work on spt1 wire i did a test on 1 of my 3 led wreaths i was making a 3 wire loom for all 3 i was just trying it out to see if it worked it does.I do understand spt1 plugs will not work for spt2 wire.I did order some of the spt1 plugs anyway just hope they get here next week.

I have encountered this problem, the only thing to be careful of is that the teeth are making good contact with the wire. When we had a "mixed bag" we had problems with big temp changes causing some sections to become unreliable. This was fixed by pushing the teeth into the wire manually.

Been there.

In a pinch, with a razor knife, I shaved a little off the insulation in the plug to get good contact. I don't recommend that anyone does this very often for two reasons:

1. Razor knife.

2. exposed conductor if you do it wrong.