Temporary Sub Panels

Since the 2011 show is up and running my thoughts are turning toward 2012. I am going in the poor house with all those extension cords. My house sets back @ 300' from the road with numerous large evergreens that I must illuminate from the house. I am contemplating running 4 dedicated underground lines to a series of "coffin pedestals" below grade enclosures with flush mounted lids. I am planning on one main center pedestal 100A max 240Vand tapping out of it to 4 other pedestals.Out of each of these I would like to make an above ground structure with receptacles to tie into these pedestals and be able to remove this structure in the off season. Any ideas on a stucture that would be easy to set up and take down?

Thanks NH -Dave and Justin for responding. Sorry for the late response but I have extremely busy lately. I am considering something about half the size of your set up Dave, mounted on two steel pipes which would slide into two other steel pipes buried flush into the ground. Also considering locking both together @ 6" below ground with a stainless steel bolt so thieving varmits won't be tempted to unplug and walk off with it. I haven't had any problems yet but why tempt fate, surely they wouldn't dig down 6" to find bolt or would they? Only problem I can see is during the off season keeping the receptacle end which would be stored inside of my flush mounted pedestal dry. We do have a high water table in Illinois.

I am considering something about half the size of your set up Dave, mounted on two steel pipes which would slide into two other steel pipes buried flush into the ground. Also considering locking both together @ 6" below ground with a stainless steel bolt so thieving varmits won't be tempted to unplug and walk off with it. I haven't had any problems yet but why tempt fate, surely they wouldn't dig down 6" to find bolt or would they?

Half of dave's setup is my setup.

Mine is mounted to a handtruck, and all you would have to do is use some stainless steel chain and a padlock to secure it to the pedestal (which is cemented in). Generally, people are smart enough to steal this stuff, especiallly if you have a sticker that reads "277/480 VOLTS"

Only problem I can see is during the off season keeping the receptacle end which would be stored inside of my flush mounted pedestal dry. We do have a high water table in Illinois.

The receptacle must be mounted a minimum of 12'' off the ground.