Synchronized Lights On A "real" Large Tree

My wife had what I think is a great idea last weekend. I have been wanting to do synchronized lights for several years now and I think my job next year will be such that I will be home enough in the fall that I can do my first setup. Has anyone put synchronized lights on a "real tree"? We have a fairly large live oak tree in our front yard. My wife suggested that I "wrap" the trunk & branches with lights. Has anyone synchronized branches, trunks, etc? What did it look like? Thanks in advance!!!

Yes, lots of people have done it (whole tree). With large trees you will need a man lift to get you that high to put the lights on.

It takes a very large amount of lights. Perhaps someone on this list that does this can give you an idea of how many lights it takes.

it is a very impressive thing to see -- all those lights on a tree -- Two colors would make for a pretty sequence. the tree changes colors when you hook each color to a different LOR channel. Post a photo when you do it. We love photos. Look at some of the videos for ideas.

here is an example: http://www.collingwoodlights.com/index.php?do=pictures

Edited by Darlene Pino