Who Is Using Children Ride On Trains In Their Display?

• 1 month later...

They can't hold very much weight. I have a two seater. You could put 2 5yr olds but no more than that. The heavier has to be in front or it won't move and it has to be on perfectly flat found so if u have a slopped driveway it won't go up hill with kids but my kids love it and the batter lasts a long time. I'm going to use my in my display with a bunggie cord to keep the button down so it runs and I'm going to attach solar lights on it and presents so no kids can ride on it. My driverway is flat but it might go up a small incline with no kids on it

• 9 months later...

I have one. It's an old little tikes ride on train that I found on Ebay a few years ago. This train has a lever switch instead of a foot pedal. I'm able to turn it on and let it go around the track on it's own. Problems: Keeping the train & track level, moisture on track that may freeze and train wheels spin, track cracking due to age. The second year I had the train I put boards under the track. The boards made a big difference.

• 6 months later...

I have three trains I run in my display, two of the trains are Peregos and one is a Thomas the train. I have been using them for 10 years now and have had to make several mods. The first thing I did was to go and buy a roll of 1" non skid with the sticky backing and wrap it around the drive wheels this does two things one gives traction when the track freezes and two it helps with wheel traction when the wheels wear down. The next thing I did was to add a second battery to each of the trains so they will run all night long without having to recharge them . The only problem I have now is the occational 10 year old that want's to ride on them. 

Charles

• 2 months later...

You could consider building your own large scale train.  Plenty of help on this site.  Ours is home made circa 1961.  I have modified the drive train to better suit the weight and type of use.  Plenty of power to haul more than 500 lbs of passengers and not even slow down. 

Keep in mind insurance and local public ride requirements. 

I do not have an exclusive video of our train but you can get a good idea in this one:

Glad to answer questions.

Good Luck,

Terry

• 4 weeks later...

You could consider building your own large scale train.  Plenty of help on this site.  Ours is home made circa 1961.  I have modified the drive train to better suit the weight and type of use.  Plenty of power to haul more than 500 lbs of passengers and not even slow down. 

Keep in mind insurance and local public ride requirements. 

I do not have an exclusive video of our train but you can get a good idea in this one:

Glad to answer questions.

Good Luck,

Terry

Great video, thanks for sharing!