Colormotions Tree

Walter and Jackie Monkhouse

This is a sample video of our RGB Mega Tree taken with a small pocket camera. Better video to follow.

StellaScapes "Stella-Green" RGB light strings are attached to banding material which is tensioned between a topper and a bottom ring. The result is evenly spaced pixel nodes which stand out 90 degrees from the supporting bands. The pixel bands are very durable and can be rolled up for storage.

Our wholehearted thanks to Brad Boyink of Computerized Lighting Productions, LLC and Fabian Gordon of Gordon Lights for guiding us through the computer set up for this creation.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got the top back from the one of our plants, they were nice enough to do the work for me to make the top for a ColorMotions Tree. I gave them the dimensions and they drew up the CAD dawing, used scrap 1/4 plate, they even put the holes for me.

post-7199-0-29412300-1343081313_thumb.jp

Edited by joeengler

That Topper looks good. A 3/4 " floor flange for a Star or other top piece will fit between those 4 holes in the middle.

Walter, How did you mount the 3/4 flange, I was thinking about drilling and tapping the holes with shorter heavy duty screws.

Edited by joeengler

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Madrix is extremely easy to work with. As joeengle stated it is a bit expensive but well worth the price.

Walter is great guy we have been exchanging calls he is very willing to help out. I am starting to build an RGB tree follwing his design. Since I am new to RGB lights I started a deep research and ended buying my lights and controller from Gordon lights. Fabian is a great person to deal with and will treat you right. Not only that, but his products are of high quality.

Walter and I have discussed some minor modifications to his design, since I am an engineer I'll be building and testing them. Walter has lots of great ideas and empirical knowledge about his designs.

Gil V.