The Winds Are Taking Its Toll, What Can I Do?

We have a display that features 16 inflatables and the winds here in Ca. have killed us. I have emt conduit in the ground behind each one and they are teathered but the winds have been changing direction and I am ready to kill myself at this point (well almost anyways).

If you have any ideas or information please let me know.

They are judging tomorrow and I might as well sleep through it at this point.

Thank you in advance.

Alan

We know how you feel We have 55 Inflatables up and last evening the winds came up. The wind got over 30 MPH here. We took down the 20 footers and we let the rest ride it out since many are on the roof. We have learned how to fasten them down over the years so they don't tend to get damaged. We do not use the lines the come with them, we get heavier rope and we keep them tight.

In the past we tried deflating them but found we got more damage doing that with them beating around deflated then leaving them up tight.

The wind is supposed to slow down today and I hope it does, we have open house here this evening and don't need anymore wind.

Wind and rain are not our friends at this time of the year. I lucked out last night. A bit south of me there were heavy winds. I did not get affected. I did not even have to go pick up any of my blowmolds that I can't get to stay upright in the wind.

Do you have them sitting on poles or tied to a pole?

As said before...the wind is not a friend of the inflatable...We have been haveing a good year weather wise for us....Have only had to delay an opening on night a few weeks ago because of the rain...Our rule is if winds go over 14mph we close...I dont recomend you keep them up in heavy winds...

Merry Christmas! & Happy New Year!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This might help on the blow molds

On the bottom there is a hole from the molding process if not you can make one

Take a piece of wood (1/2" thick) small enough to fit thru the hole then a strip of wood that sticks a foot or so past the base. Line up the wood on the inside of the blow mold and the base wood and dive a few wood screws up through the bottom (enough to spread load) of the base wood to the blow mold into the small piece of wood

this will clamp the blow mold to the base wood with out hurting the blow mold. Then drill some holes in the base wood and drive a pin or tent peg thru the hole on each side securing the wood to the ground.

On the inflatable's pick up a little hand held sewing thingy (wal mart had them Singer?) go around the upper half of your infatable and sew out four little loops on the material. Take some heavy fishing line and thread it thru your loop I used a tent needle to attach it to my loop. Put four of tent pegs around the inflatable (or how many it takes). Inflate the decoration then go around and tighten the line from peg to inflatable accordinly.

How would I know all this were I live they use Log chain as a wind vain -- you know when it is brezzy when links are snapping off -- :wacko:

Just a thought to consider