New Site Promoting Decorated Houses In Mn - Twinkletrail.com

muskiehunter

I also got on the Pioneer Press, with a letter to the editor last week and got no reply what so ever. I can not recall them not running a list of Holiday lights and wonder why they chose to do so now? Green, schmeen! I guess if they choose not to support my hobby, I can chose to no longer read their newspaper. Seems fair to me.

The list in the Star Tribune was shorter than I ever remember it. We don't submit our display anymore since we get enough traffic with word of mouth and online...

Never heard of this "Twinkle Trail" site. Seems there are too many competing "display locator" sites and none are terribly complete. I kind of miss the old days where I'd get the Star Tribune's list and plan out a big route...

The reply I got by email from the Pioneer Press was "I do wish we could have done the listing again this year, but we didn't have the staffing to pull it together. As you can imagine, putting together the free listing takes hours of planning, editing and arranging. I have discovered another local site called twinkletrail.com that essentially provides the same service. I would recommend this site." When I looked into the Star Tribune, I couldn't open the page that showed the listings. I sent an email to them telling them it didn't appear to be working but didn't get a response.

Our display is getting a lot of traffic this year, but the way I look at it, is it can't hurt to be listed on the multiple sites. We are collecting food for the food shelf & we don't get the food if people don't come to look at the lights or if they don't know we are collecting the food items.