Do Rope Lights Count In Light Total

There was a great discussion on this several years ago. The consensus opinion was "yes" you count the lights - the definition that helped me the best was "any individual point of light" counted. The discussion also included comments on whether or not a flood light (as an example, a 150W light) should count as one or 150 - got complex at that point :)

There was a great discussion on this several years ago. The consensus opinion was "yes" you count the lights - the definition that helped me the best was "any individual point of light" counted. The discussion also included comments on whether or not a flood light (as an example, a 150W light) should count as one or 150 - got complex at that point :)

LOL. I need to find that thread. This is why amp counts could be more relevant with giant flood lights, but LEDs ruin that idea too. My huge incan display would use a fraction of the power if it was LED. I'd say rope lights definitely count.

Rope lights does count this coming from this years rope light king lol. My hayride had over 8600 lights and my yard 28000...oh and I think spot lights should only be one count per light...Merry Christmas everyone

I agree rope lights should count and as far as spot lights, I count them as 1 spotlight=1 light, even though all my spots are LED and contain 120 LED's per bulb.

Besides is is the channel count that represents the amount of work that has to be done, INHO.

So not true. They're totally separate counts! (Says the guy with a 2/3 static, 1/3 animated display, and will never have anything less than 2/3 static because static displays rock :)

Oh, and yes, ropelight counts. Do yourself a favor and just count how many bulbs are in 1 foot, then figure out how many feet you have. I want to say the CDI rope I have is 12 lights per foot, so my 120' water outline is 1440 lights.

Thanks for all of the input and other interesting observations. I'm not about to get dragged into the whole static vs. light-o-rama debate; I'll just say one should do what they do best and enjoy most. For me, it's definitely static, but I have a 14 year old son and I've been bugging him to get online and learn how to do all that light programming stuff.