50 Degrees + No Snow = Early Take Down

I have the feeling tonite may be it for my display, about a week early. Sustained some wind damage to a couple of areas today with that strong south wind. Alway have strong west and east winds that I prepare for...South? who knew? Deer on the Roof came down today with a line of C7s and two lines of

icycles with it. One of my motorized wireframes, my manger and a front area of molds took some damage. Put most of it back in place this afternoon, but the icycles and manger are toast. I will contact the Limo shops tomorrow and tell them I'm done for the season. No harm done, just put it away before we have to freeze.

I have the feeling tonite may be it for my display, about a week early. Sustained some wind damage to a couple of areas today with that strong south wind. Alway have strong west and east winds that I prepare for...South? who knew? Deer on the Roof came down today with a line of C7s and two lines of

icycles with it. One of my motorized wireframes, my manger and a front area of molds took some damage. Put most of it back in place this afternoon, but the icycles and manger are toast. I will contact the Limo shops tomorrow and tell them I'm done for the season. No harm done, just put it away before we have to freeze.

I drove by your display a couple times this season...it looked great!

At this point we are planning to run the show until Jan 7th. The thought of taking it all down while it's warm has crossed my mind, but I collect food for the local food shelf & am still gettting a lot of donations each night. Watching the weather it doesn't appear that we are in for any measurable snow anytime soon (knock on wood). I just checked Accuweathers' 15 day forcast (yes I know, who can forcast 15 days out) & they are predicting 40's again for the weekend of the 7th & 8th.

While the weather is great, I still keep my lights up and on until the Sunday after New Years. I did put away my wooden "Merry Christmas" sign before the current snowfall so as to delay its aging. When I turn most of the lights off on Sunday, I'll probably still keep the 35' pine "Christmas Tree" lit for a week or so . . . I just like lights.