Probably The Best Christmas Display Of 2011

I know it's a professional job, but still left me breathless! These guys used 2 40 foot tall screens in the shape of 2 Christmas trees with DMX controlled video projectors, I did not see anyone else post this, so I hope I'm not just duplicating what others have posted. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/zNPKVNF1jnE?hd=1

It's really good, no doubt. But to be fair ... its a high end projector show ... and if you look on the net ... those projector shows can be insanely good, including making entire buildings appear to crumble, etc.

I wasted almost an entire night viewing those projector videos, and had no idea what was possible till watching some of them.

I just think its awesome, but an entirely different animal than what most of us are doing, because we use real lights and this appears

to be mostly projector magic.

Edited by taybrynn

It's really good, no doubt. But to be fair ... its a high end projector show ... and if you look on the net ... those projector shows can be insanely good, including making entire buildings appear to crumble, etc.

I wasted almost an entire night viewing those projector videos, and had no idea what was possible till watching some of them.

I just think its awesome, but an entirely different animal than what most of us are doing, because we use real lights and this appears

to be mostly projector magic.

I could not agree more. Apples and Oranges.

• 2 months later...

Its amazing what an unlimited budget can create. But the reality is for most of us we make our own displays and have to stick with tight budgets to achieve magic, I see more in these displays than what i see in a money splashed display.

Still we can all dream.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember seeing this, fantastic!

No, that is not 100% projection.

I've looked into projection and we're talking hundreds of thousands for just a couple of nights,

this is very much Christmas lights :). And yes, he had one heck of a budget. More power to him :).