Thanks To Marty Slack

Marty, is an innovator, caring, creative, a sharer, a teacher. His display was one of the displays I couldn't wait to see to discover what new element he came up with. Thank you Marty for all the wonderful memories you have created for me and my family. I remember back in 2006 watching your Boogie Woogie Santa Claus video with my young daughter sitting in my lap begging for me to play it again daddy. Your awesome.

It is truly sad that Marty will notbe doing a display next year. It sound slike he may come back in 2013 or so. He did say next year he was taking a vacation, so we shall see. When I first came into PC Marty was one of the fist display's I had seen. Like you Michael the Boogie Woogie Santa video was a hit. His talking heads are what got us to make our talking Elton John Claus. Hat's off to one of the original PC memebers. Great job Marty I am sure ther are a lot of disappointed people in your area. But the neighbors are probably happy for the break. Hope he still shows his face every so often.

I take taht back. Onhis facebook page everything is now for sale. Another awesome display gone dark.

Edited by jfelix

You know, there comes a time in every display when the sheer amount of effort involved simply overwhelms. I like the way a friend of mine put it, He called it " a display that has reached maturity." I can really relate to Marty as each year I vacillate back and forth on whether it will be my last, and each time I hear of another big display going dark I think of the not to distant future when the display being talked bout is mine. It was a great run Marty! Your ingenuity and innovation will be greatly missed.