ssrs direct to music

finnegan

terrypowerz wrote:

Check it out..it looks like there may be a new version...sometime! LOL!

http://www.discolitez.com

The discolitez thing is basically a small version of the 320 channel parallel port controller. If you are interested in doing it yourself THE place to go is www.computerchristmas.com. You will find the 320 plans and a bunch of other cool things to try.

TED

TED wrote:

terrypowerz wrote:

The discolitez thing is basically a small version of the 320 channel parallel port controller. If you are interested in doing it yourself THE place to go is http://www.computerchristmas.com. You will find the 320 plans and a bunch of other cool things to try.

TED

Your right Ted the 32 channel circuit IS pretty much the same concept circuit-wise as the 320.

It was the software that I thought was interesting......:P

I have a couple of questions about the SSR project.

I tried to rig one up today. My girlfriend needs some "razzle-dazzle" for a tabletop display. Thought syncing some mini-lights outlining her Fla. map would work.

Two big "Supprizes." Tried tapping the output form a laptop computer. That is only 0-270mV. Hmmm, suddenly need to build an amp, which also means a rectifier and an on-boardtranformer... Second problem was the inability to find a SSR around here. Radio Shack does not carry them and the local (Sarasota) electronics store does not carry anything that small.

I plan to order one from Mouser but they have an overwhelming variety to choose from. Can anybody out here suggest a paticular unit? I assume a 1A is large enough.

Thanks for any help,

Ed

WOW, seems like a lot for a table top display. Not sure if I would go the SSR route.

You would not only the SSR circuit, but some type of software to control it.

Try searcing for L.E.D. circuits on the 'net. My son and I made a similiar project with about 12 L.E.D.'s which are battery operated on a small table top tree.

John Pidliskey wrote:

WOW, seems like a lot for a table top display. Not sure if I would go the SSR route.

You would not only the SSR circuit, but some type of software to control it.

Try searcing for L.E.D. circuits on the 'net. My son and I made a similiar project with about 12 L.E.D.'s which are battery operated on a small table top tree.

just go to grainger --the ssr is like 17.00 and its as easy as hooking up a speaker ---

I've used 'color organ' circuits for years to flash xmas lights... the ones i got were

2-channel & 2-amps max per ch.

These have a internal microphone so you don't have to risk connecting it to an

amp or receiver....

my experiance is that they flash/flicker the lights somewhat to music (but they were

cheap - less than $6 for the pre-built circuitboard. All you needed to do was build a box)

and the 2a limitation is easily overcome by building 1 (or more) 120v SSR (i've controlled

1000's of lights this way....a word of caution though: the more you control the more

you'll dim the entire house)

The originals came from a place called Electronic Goldmine (its too bad they don't

carry these anymore) With help of someone on the net i was able to figure out the

schematic its on my page at: lights.hotusa.org/co2.htm