what kind of lights do most people use for the perimeter of their roofs ? I've seen some of the videos online and they look pretty cool. do they use serveral strings of differant colors. rope lights or c-7 or c9 lights.what do they use to make them look perfect and straight.

thanks

jiimy61

Edited by jimmy61

I had some of my own tips at that link above. I used C9 incans. C7s may be okay too. They look better than minis or C6s for the larger roofs IMO. 3 colors, separate strands for each, and mounted them to strips of wood before I took them up to the roof. I show my whole roof setup in my how to video. The roof is at the end of the video you can see here..

I also have pictures of the roof C9s on my display facebook page you can link to at the bottom of my website.

http://www.lightinguppaxton.com/

I make my own C9 light strings with LED retro fit bulbs,alternating between colors of red,green and white.The strings are held in place by about a bazillion clips.I also line the vertical edges of the house from the ground and continuing to the second story.The effect looks great and I've never had an issue with the strings coming loose,even in high winds.

Heres a link I posted a few months back if your interested .......It's a lot of work in the beginning but I set up around 700 lights C9s and added Icicles this year and before building these u channels it took 10 hrs to set up and after it took 2.5 hrs and whats also nice is the bulbs are perfectly alinged which makes for a crisper looking display.Heres the link

http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/383622_321881694494908_184401674909578_1517952_1749369579_n.jpg

If you go to my 2011 video's on youtube you can see the above light strip in action. I did create a How-to on the PC forum. I use LED C9's with a "mini light" type base. They wored very well.

The images are located on my facebook page Leechburg Lights.