Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
DSE

Rgb Fog Starting To Lift

Ok after about 500 threads, 10 vids, 200 cups of coffee, 3 sleep less nights I think I might be catching on.

:unsure: My thought process

LOR (S3 advanced)

then

2 usb connections

1 to usb 485 (1st universe)

1 to Enttec Pro (2nd universe DMX)

then

1st universe to LOR contollers

2nd universe to DMX controller (with Power injection)

then

Light show on each

?????

I am looking to purchase the 2801 pixel nodes

The one item that I am still in the fog is the DMX controller for the lights (make, model, ect) :confused:

any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated

If I am way out there please tell me

But I really do think these lights will give an added pop I am looking for

Thanks

I personally use the Stellascapes T3 DMX to SPI controller for 2801 based pixels. I know there are others out there including some of the ones from china and some in the DIY community. The planned support of E1.31 into S3 will open up the possibilities for pixels greatly as you'll suddenly be able to use other controllers such as those from Sandevices.

Dennis,

I had a very similar setup to you in my display last year, except I was using a moving spot light instead of pixels. You can get a controller like this to contact between your Enttec Pro and your pixel strips.

http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/701799/209915969-509914025/LT-DMX-2801-DMX-SPI-Decoder-support-WS2801-WS2803-drving-IC.html

You will need to get a power supply as well. There are a ton of choices when connecting up RGB equipment. I am also trying to learn as much as I can.

I am looking for a computer based control

Thanks for the info

Looked at the stella scapes but did not see the one from alie and that brings up another ?, as I have to heard LOR will be supporting E1.31 and when they do that it will change the game.

The question now for me is wait and see what will change with the vendors or jump in..............

Not sure how my wife would react wait strike that now am thinking how to heat the dog house with DMX........

Thanks for all the info great stuff

Not sure how my wife would react wait strike that now am thinking how to heat the dog house with DMX........

Use the old incans. LEDs don't give off much heat. :D

Use the old incans. LEDs don't give off much heat. :D

LOL wonder on the spacing it does get cold here.......

Checked out each of the two recomended frankly both look the same except for price (to bad they dont show you the insides)

Would you guys know how many nodes they will run?

Just one universe (512 ch)?

They do treat each node as a single channel?

Independant power supply or through the light?

Thanks for all the help

The DMX driven pixel controllers will generally be one universe worth of pixels. Each node is 3 channels. So you get max 170 nodes per controller. When E1.31 comes along then you can get to controllers that handle more than one universe from a single board. Power is generally provided to the controller (external power supply), then passed through to the pixels via the output. However this is where you can get into re-injecting power downstream if you need to.

heystew thanks for the answers

I have contacted Stellascapes

waiting for reply