Okc Area Mini-Plus 2012

Date for the Mini-PLUS  

1. 1. Please Help Us Select a Date for the Mini-PLUS

• Saturday, 14 April 2012
    • Saturday, 21 April 2012
    • Saturday, 28 April 2012

I would like to announce our 7th annual central Oklahoma Mini Plus.

As with the last few years I will be hosting this at my house in Norman.

Date: TBD (please vote on the proposed dates above)

Location: 1103 Little River Rd, Norman (http://maps.google.c...003259&t=h&z=19)

Time: 1:00 pm until ???

Admission: Free as always

Open to all PC members and families!!! Newbies and Oldies.

We plan to continue the same free style, free form get together that has worked very well for us in the past. However, if someone would like to make a formal presentation or class we can schedule it in.

There are several topics that are possibilities for presentations such as:

1) Leaping Arches

2) Mini Trees

3) Sequencing

4) Anything you would like to present

If you would be willing to give a presentation please let me know. There will be an overhead projector connected to a computer for any presentations or videos.

We will be providing a meat tray and other finger food so we can eat/munch at our own pace and spend more time on the fun stuff.

The only thing we ask, is for you to bring your thoughts, ideas and especially your humor.

If you are thinking, planning or have started on a project and want to ask/show/share, please do so!!!

There will be swap/trade/sale of items so bring those too.

I will provide updates with hotel info, maps and other events going on in the area during the Mini for family members not interested in the Mini and looking for something else to do.

Please stay tuned for updates.

Reminder: Your inputs are strongly recommended and appreciated.

If you have any questions, please post them here or PM me at GMBartlett.

Stuff i am thinking about bringing:

1. Desktop computer with 2 monitors/ i could show how to use lightshowpro 2.0 with dual monitors;as well as, how to set up a sequence to operate controllers.

2. Lynx Dongle, wireless module

3. Lnyx Controllers-ssr4, lynx express -both wireless and wired.

4. Talking pumpkin face.

5. I also just learned how to sequence 3 axis talking skulls easier using vixen.

Anything else that i can think of that might help.

I also have some commercial deer buck frames i want to sale. I am attaching some pictures of them.

post-7353-0-18461800-1329097651.jpg

post-7353-0-43042900-1329097676.jpg

Edited by holland lights
  • 2 weeks later...

It looks like the date most people requested is 21 April. So I will host the mini on that day starting at 1:00 pm. Please RSVP to me at gregory_m_bartlett?hotmail.com (replace ? with @) or send a PM to me and let me know how many people will be coming. That way I can estimate the amount of food needed.

See you in about a month!

Edited by GMBartlett
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I haven't been very active here on PC in a while but...

I have talked with Greg in the past on the upcoming mini and kinda updated him on my personal status. Since 2006 I have been a part of putting together minis here in the central Oklahoma area and with Greg hosting them at his place the past few years. This year I will not be involved but I know Greg will host another great mini with all the wonderful members and their brilliant talent.

I just wanted to share a little of my current situation and a little of my past events which has led me step away for a while.

I lost my mother last year in January. Knowing my dad was going to need more of my time, I sold my business down in Bricktown and moved everything into storage while selling alot of it shortly after.

Then I lost my dad in November (just after Thanksgiving) of last year.

The holidays when pretty dismal although I did have my display up and running (it was mostly setup before my dad passed).

Then in January of this year I decided I needed change and found a home with acreage and trees for a nice peaceful transition to a new life.

I've moved most of my stuff but still have lots to do.

So in the next couple months I have my parents house and my house to get fixed up and put on the market. (my neighbors are little upset than I'm moving since I have the display they enjoy so much). And finish settling in my current home.

With this in mind, I don't have much spare time to help or be involved with the mini.

I don't mean to bum everyone about my past events but wanted to share why I wont be around for the mini.

We have a great bunch of folks here and know it will not only be a great turn out, but there will be lots of great projects, ideas and talent at this mini like it has been in the past.

Each year seems to get better with the knowledge shared, stories told and new ideas grasped.

I have no doubt this year will be the best.

All I ask is if pictures can be taken and posted here for myself and others who couldn't attend to see all the great stuff going on.

Thanks everyone and have a blast.

Hey guys,

I haven't been very active here on PC in a while but...

I have talked with Greg in the past on the upcoming mini and kinda updated him on my personal status. Since 2006 I have been a part of putting together minis here in the central Oklahoma area and with Greg hosting them at his place the past few years. This year I will not be involved but I know Greg will host another great mini with all the wonderful members and their brilliant talent.

I just wanted to share a little of my current situation and a little of my past events which has led me step away for a while.

I lost my mother last year in January. Knowing my dad was going to need more of my time, I sold my business down in Bricktown and moved everything into storage while selling alot of it shortly after.

Then I lost my dad in November (just after Thanksgiving) of last year.

The holidays when pretty dismal although I did have my display up and running (it was mostly setup before my dad passed).

Then in January of this year I decided I needed change and found a home with acreage and trees for a nice peaceful transition to a new life.

I've moved most of my stuff but still have lots to do.

So in the next couple months I have my parents house and my house to get fixed up and put on the market. (my neighbors are little upset than I'm moving since I have the display they enjoy so much). And finish settling in my current home.

With this in mind, I don't have much spare time to help or be involved with the mini.

I don't mean to bum everyone about my past events but wanted to share why I wont be around for the mini.

We have a great bunch of folks here and know it will not only be a great turn out, but there will be lots of great projects, ideas and talent at this mini like it has been in the past.

Each year seems to get better with the knowledge shared, stories told and new ideas grasped.

I have no doubt this year will be the best.

All I ask is if pictures can be taken and posted here for myself and others who couldn't attend to see all the great stuff going on.

Thanks everyone and have a blast.

To bad you can not attend the mini. Sorry to hear about both of your parents. We are now computer controlled, and slowly building up a display. Not as big as a lot of the displays, but we are trying.

• 3 weeks later...

The Oklahoma Mini Plus is only a few days away. I am looking forward to seeing everyone and sharing lots of great ideas.

My storage area if full so I have a few items I need to sell to make more room. If any one is interested in any of these items let me know and I will bring them.

60-70 100 ct strings clear mini lights used .50 each

60-70 100 ct strings red mini lights used .50 each

60-70 100 ct strings green mini lights used .50 each

Target stick tree multi color new $45

About 650 green C-9 bulbs new $15

Two 100 ft 12 gage extension cords new $60 each

100 ct new Mini lights clear, red, and green. I am not sure how many I have but will bring them all. ( about 100 boxes total) $1.50 each

I won't have room to bring everything so if you are interested in anything please let me know and I will bring it.

Alan

I may have missunderstood a question about the smartstring nodes. The length of ethernet cable between the active hub and the SSC can be much longer than 6 feet (I think it was tested up to 100), Which is why I may be moving my hub into my garage as once I saw moisture sitting atop my hub card after a heavy dew. I had a clear plastic box over it so I could see it the next morning. The length from the SSC to the 1st lighted node should not be longer than 6 feet. This is where you can use "Null Modes" to act as signal repeaters if you need more than 6 feet. You also wouldn't want more than 6 feet between nodes.

Edited by keitha
  • 2 weeks later...