Hi just got my order from cat-5 dangles .com . I got two sets to try out they are cat-5 cables female on one end male on the other end they are used in the light o rama controllers to connect the caT-5 CABLE BETWEEN CONTROLLERS .the cables extend outside box so you can plug cables in without opening the door .should be great in the cold of winter they for sale on ebay check them out.

I think the biggest reason is that people always ask if there is a difference. We all have seen way too many posts about that very question. This way its defined. Its like the car commercials on TV - Pro stunt driver, don't try this at home"!

I just wrote to Monoprice asking if they could add this cable to their selection. Maybe if enough of us asked they would come up with their typically low price product. $20 a pair is a little pricey.

Richard

Edited by rjnitto

As Jeff pointed out:

Cable

Coupler

And that is $0.91 each, plus shipping.

The coupler I linked to above is NOT Cat5 Shielded. While I have used these in the past, I have not used them, on LOR or RS-485. From everything I have read, they should work just fine.

If you want Cat5 and are willing to spend the extra $1.50 each, get this.

what the heck is a cat-5 dangle???

It is a short CAT5 cable, male to female. It is long enough so that when you plug the male end into the LOR controller, the female end will be outside the enclosure. Now you no longer have to open the enclosure to disconnect the cables.

What I am trying to figure out is what so difficult about opening the enclosure?

And the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon

Little boy blue and the man on the moon

When you comin' home dad?

I don't know when, but we'll have a good dangle then son

You know we'll have a good dangle then

Edited by SteveMaris
  • 7 months later...

Have we become so lazy that we need to spend our hard earned money on such a silly item? Its noyt like opening our control boxes is a hard thing to do and as for me once I hae them in place and set up I don't have a reason to open them will tear down .....