Virginia Mini On The 19Th Of May, 2012 @ Franktronics In Gloucester, Va

Guest Franktronics

Guest Franktronics

The 5th Annual Virginia Mini will be held on Saturday, May 19th. The location will be the Franktronics computer store located at 3618 George Washington Memorial Highway in Hayes (Gloucester county), Virginia. If you need further directions or information, please feel free to contact me at (804) 642-5233, email me at [email protected] or you can leave a message here. I would like to start at noon with lunch/snacks and then start the Mini at 1pm. Once I have an agenda set we should know long the Mini will last.

The Mini’s are an excellent opportunity to meet with other Christmas lighting enthusiasts to share ideas, design plans, implementation, sequencing or just to meet others with the same goals in Christmas lighting displays.

Anyone who would be willing to talk for a few minutes on a display element they have made, design tips, sequencing or anything else you would like to share with the group, please let me know. I would like to have completed agenda within a couple of weeks.

I will have a couple of my own display elements up and running including my US Flag, a firefly Christmas tree and a CCR. I also plan on sharing a couple of my LOR sequences that I will put on CD for you to take home with you.

Please let me know by phone, email, or this topic that you can attend and how many, so that I can have enough drinks and supplies here.

I will provide drinks (water, coffee, iced tea and sodas). If everyone can bring along something for lunch/snacks, to share with the group, that would be great.

There is no charge to attend the Mini, just bring some food to share. I look forward to seeing everyone.

Frank Farmer

Edited by Franktronics

yummy I like meatballs. A bring a dish sounds superb. I won't be able to bring one but when I get there I will surely get my friend to attend and bring something. I will be flying in just for this event so Noon sounds good. My flight lands at 8 AM and my friend is picking me up at the airport. I will bring paper plates and such if you like. It won't spoil on the plane. We will come straight there to help you set it all up. I will have to return the next day but I just can't miss this mini. I love it so much and have learned so much from you guys. Now Frank about that sequencing CD. How many channels is sequenced and can it be used with just my 48 channels? I will take it if I can use it this year as we are still getting moved down here. Just picked up my last load this past week and drove it down. I will never move again like that. I still have to unpack everything. Now if you all would like to come to Florida next year I will gladly host it....LOL

Frank,

Thanks for hosting the Mini this year my wife and I will definitely attend. My wife wants to make some Kolache to eat, not sure what she will fill them with.

We don't have too much to show, but would like to share a video of our 2012 display--first time with synchronized lights.

John

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Franktronics

So Far we have 9 confirmed attending from PC and 3 or 4 more via email. We have meetballs, Kolache and something from the Wal Mart deli.

Please let us know what your bringing so we don't have any duplicates.

If everyone could bring some pictures of there displays and I would like each person (if they want) to tell us about what they have done in the past.

If anyone has a particular topic they would like to talk about, please let me know.

Tentatively put me down for 3 to attend the Mini. I say tentatively because my 90 y.o. Mom is in the hospital and not doing well.

My wife Ann and my 11 y.o. neighbor-helper James and I plan attend. James attended last year and had a ball. He’s really looking forward to seeing Bill, Andy, Paul and hopefully Al again this year. He has a great display in spite of his young age.

We are open to bring anything needed for lunch.

RalphS

Guest Franktronics

As of today we have about 21 people attending this Mini.

I have lots of displays by several different vendors, but mostly LOR.

I encourage everyone to bring something from their display or at least pictures to show the rest of us what you have done.

Thanks to all those bringing food, I'll have plenty of drinks available.

Guest Franktronics

Lunch at noon, programs to begin at 1pm. I think the Mini should run until about 5pm. I'll be in no hurry to leave and will be glad to have discussions afterwards.

this is the food we have so far. I will pick up a relish tray at walmart. Can you think of anything else we need tomorrow. I am in town. Frank what time would you like me to come over and help set it up???

Potato Salad

cupcakes or brownies

Kolache

meatballs

roast beef, ham and cheese

buns

condiments

relish tray (lettuce, tomatoes, etc.)