Morro Bay Miniplus

DocMartin

Okay, you asked for it . . . We're going to make it four years in a row. Hope you'll make plans to join us in beautiful Morro Bay on Saturday, August 11th for another fabulous get together. Once again, we have the good folks at Reinder's to sponsor us. We'll show off some of the new toys for 2012. We'll also have the incredible, Emmy-Award winning, Mike Ziemkowski joining us to show us his animatronic magic. Lots more to come . . . after all, we're just getting started here! But mark your calendars NOW, and plan to join us on the Central Coast on August 11th. You can start sending your RSVP's anytime.

More details to follow soon . . .

CarlD and I will be there!

Thank you Doc for posting this. After taking a year off from our Christmas Display I'm looking forward to reving back up this year.

Edited by MrsD

• 2 weeks later...

So happy to hear from many of you through emails and private messages. I think our MiniPLUS this August is going to be an event NOT to miss. The complaint I usually get after each of these get togethers is that they simply weren't long enough. You want more, and I want to give it to you. So even though we've already got plans for some of the discussions, I'd really like to get some input from those who plan to attend. What would you like to see and/or learn about this time around. There are so many talented people that we can draw from. Decorating ideas? Technologies? Programming strategies? DIY? Cheap and Easy? Reply and let me know what you want! We'll try to make it happen.

Also, I know it's still a couple months off, but August 11th will be here sooner than you think, so let's get the word of mouth going and make sure your Christmas Light friends know about our event. We're hoping to have 80 to 100 people join us this time around. More details soon. Keep watching . . .

• 4 weeks later...

OK Everybody! We are now inside the 2 month mark for our 4th Annual Morro Bay MiniPLUS Get-Together. This is shaping up to the biggest, brightest and best Christmas Light event in California this year. We've got some terrific things planned, some cool new toys to show off, excellent door prizes and the usual good company. It's time to start getting serious about those RSVP's, so let me know if you're coming and how many family/friends you plan to bring along. We've been getting about 40-50 the last few years, and we're hoping to reach 75 this time around. Circle your calendar for Saturday, August 11th and join us in beautiful Morro Bay. Please RSVP to [email protected] Hope to see you there!

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings Everyone,

Just 5 short weeks to go until the Biggest, Brightest and Bestest miniPLUS in California this year! I'm thrilled to mention that along with Reinders, Fred Blanton of Colonnade has offered to help sponsor our Get Together and will be sending us samples of their awesome Liteclip Strips. I've received several emails asking about costs and the hotel situation here in Morro Bay. There is NO cost to attend our event, I'm even taking care of lunch for you (other than the potluck portion which we'll get to later). If you've not been here before, Morro Bay is basically a tourist town and there are many hotels, bed & breakfasts, and inns. We've got a world class golf course, lots of restaurants and the surrounding area offers lots of activities for those making a long weekend out of the trip.

Let's keep those RSVP's coming, we're really hoping to have 75 in attendance this year. See you soon. RSVP to [email protected]

Okay, So I've got a question . . . What time does the festivities start?

Even though the Central Coast Mini is on Saturday, August 11th, the festivities will begin on the Friday evening before! For those who are traveling and plan to arrive on Friday, we're going to get together at Woodstocks Pizza in San Luis Obispo, at about 6:00ish for some good times and insanely great pizza.

On Saturday, unofficially, I will likely be on site by 9AM and I plan for us to have a meet and greet starting at about 10:30. We'll start the presentations at 11:00. That's the current plan, and is subject to change, but I'm going with it for now.

LESS THAN 4 WEEKS TO GO!!!

Edited by DocMartin

Wow! Just 3 Weeks to Go!

The countdown has begun, and if you've been holding off on that RSVP . . . NOW would be a good time! Got the list of goodies we get to give away from our friends at Reinders. I am in awe of their generosity. We've got some really great items to share. Also, we've had a few requests to do a Buy, Sell and Trade thing, so if you've got something to sell or swap, be sure to bring it along and we'll try to hook up buyers and sellers after the event. Can't wait to see everyone there, this is going to be EPIC!

RSVP to [email protected]

4th Annual Central Coast MiniPLUS

Saturday, August 11th

in Morro Bay

Greetings Everyone,

We're just 2 short weeks away from our 4th Annual Central Coast MiniPLUS, taking place in beautiful Morro Bay on Saturday, August 11th, and this one is shaping up to be bigger and better than the first 3 combined!

For those of you who plan to attend but haven't sent in an RSVP . . . WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? And those of you still on the fence about coming, I've got another reason for you to make it out here to the coast for the weekend, and I'm really excited about it.

There is a brand new short documentary making rounds at various Film Festivals, called "Mr. Christmas." It just premiered at the Aspen Shortfest Film Festival where it won the Special Jury Award. It also won the Audience Award at the Palm Springs International Shortfest just a few weeks ago. It will be showing in Rhode Island in a couple weeks and then in Nevada City. But you won't have to drive that far to see it. I've been in contact with Nick Palmer, the Director of the film, and he has kindly authorized and agreed to a private screening for us at our event! How cool is that? You can check out the details of the film here http://www.mrchristmasmovie.com

Wow, amazing presentations from some of the best decorators around, awesome new toys to show off from our good friends at Reinders, fabulous door prizes, great food, good company, and now this. It's just one more of many reasons to join us next month. But you MUST RSVP to [email protected]. It's going to be a blast. Hope you can make it.

Edited by DocMartin

• 2 weeks later...

Central Coast MiniPLUS

Saturday, August 11th, 2012

Morro Bay, CA

Greetings Everyone!

We're really getting down to the wire here. Just one week to go until our 4th Annual Central Coast MiniPLUS. You don't want to miss this one, I guarantee it! Besides the incredible presentations, the fabulous door prizes from our generous friends at Reinders, a private screening of the new, award-winning short documentary "Mr. Chrismas", and our delicious tri-tip lunch along with your awesome sides for the potluck, there's still another surprise . . .

My favorite part of last year's get together, without question, was the "Show and Tell." You loved it as a Kindergartener, but you're so much better at it as a grown-up. Plus, you've got WAY cooler stuff to show off. So time to pull out whatever awesomeness you came up with last year, or try to put a few finishing touches on whatever plans you have for 2012. You can bring a video of your display* (we'll provide the projector). Was your display an award winner in your town? Maybe it was a melt-down and you've got advice to help us avoid your problems (I hope not, but hey, it happens!) Is your project too big to bring, or you haven't quite figured out how to pull it all together? No problem, we just want to hear about it, and maybe someone will have some great ideas for you to help make your holiday vision come to reality this year!

Still room for you late-comers, just send an RSVP to [email protected]. We would love to have you join us next Saturday in beautiful Morro Bay.

And especially for those who have previously sent in your RSVP, would you kindly send me a quick note to let me know how many will be in your party. I know many of you are bringing family and friends and significant others, I just need to make sure I get the headcount right for food. Thanks.

See you all next week.

Dr. M

* OK, YES, we absolutely want to see your display, but not ALL 45 minutes of it! If you're planning to bring a video, please show us your best 5 to 10 minutes, or we'll never get through everyone's shows. Also, please note that there is very limited internet service so don't assume you can show it from YouTube or Vimeo. Have an original video file or DVD if possible.

Edited by DocMartin

NO Anchovies Please!!!

Just a reminder for those arriving on Friday. We will be meeting for a pizza party at Woodstocks Pizza in San Luis Obispo at 6PM. We have a reserved room, just tell them you're looking for the Christmas Lights People. Woodstocks is on the corner of Higuera St. and Osos St in SLO. I highly recommend the Carnivore or the Bomb on their amazing whole wheat crust. Watch out for those ONE WAY streets! Hope to see you there!

Dr. M

We just got back in from the Best MiniExpo in all of California and boy are we beat. Almost five hours later and we're still talking about what a Great time we had. It was wonderful seeing familiar faces as well as meeting new folks that now have our decorating disease.

All the presentations were very informative and the 'Mr. Christmas' show was unforgetful. A BIG THANKS goes out to Howard and Family and any others for putting together a Tremendous event. We hope this MiniExpo continues its already Famous Legacy.

Thanks for the kind words Ben. Glad you had a great time. We had a lot of fun putting it all together this year. Personally, I think it will be difficult to top this one. A HUGE thanks to Mike Z and Matt Monge for their amazing presentations and others who shared their cool gear during our Show&Tell. I also have to say THANK YOU to Laurie Reinder, Fred Blanton, Lori's Lighted D'Lites, and Nick Palmer for their insanely generous contributions. And finally a big thanks to everyone who attended making it such a memorable event, you guys are the BEST, and I hope everyone was inspired, and given some fresh ideas to make the holidays brighter than ever!

I had a great time as well and came back with a renewed sense of excitement about my display. It was nice to me so many wonderful people who share my addiction and I look forward to seeing you all again at future events.

Doc Martin ROCKS!

I had a great time as well and came back with a renewed sense of excitement about my display. It was nice to me so many wonderful people who share my addiction and I look forward to seeing you all again at future events.

Doc Martin ROCKS!

Hey Joe, not sure if you the facebook thing, but we do have a page there as well. LMK and I will send you an invite.