Hello Everyone,

I've been here a long time, but out of respect for newer members who may not know me, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Judy Pancoast and I am a singer-songwriter from New Hampshire. My song, The House on Christmas Street, has taken on a life of its own in the decorating community as it is used in so many displays all over the world.

Still, because I am an independent artist, it is not a well-known song to the general public and I am always trying to find ways to let more people know about it. The decorating community has been very supportive of this effort, and I am very grateful.

Back in 2010 I embarked on the first-ever "The House on Christmas Street" concert tour. I hopped in my van and literally drove around the USA (after my trip to Paul Toole's house in the UK) performing in concert on the lawns and in the driveways of decorators who use the song in their displays. The tour was amazing on so many levels and I think it is safe to say that a good time was had by all!

Since then, I have been overwhelmed with requests from people to do it again. Last year I just did a mini tour down to VA, NC and SC. But this year, I'm doing the whole shebang again.

I'm just starting the planning stages and am looking for decorators who would like to host along the tour route.

The model for the tour has changed slightly since the first one. The most important thing you should know right up front is that I am looking to cover the tour expenses by securing a paying gig in every town where I stop. I am enlisting the hosts to help me do this. So, if you are able to help me get a booking at a theater, performing arts center, school or library (I don't just do Christmas music....I also specialize in children's music and have a wealth of info about this on my website at www.judypancoast.com) at a reasonable cost TO THE VENUE< then YOUR show is FREE! You don't have to get me a hotel room or anything. Just talk to your local PTA, librarian, music venue and tell them you are representing me and see what you can line up. Of course I will be your partner in this endeavor and provide you with whatever material you need to help secure the gig. This should be scheduled the day OF or the morning AFTER your show.

For example, last year William Bottomley arranged for me to do an assembly at the elementary school in his town the day after I did a show at this display. He actually took it upon himself to help the school pay for the gig, but you don't necessarily have to do that. Schools are used to paying for assemblies, so this will not be anything new to them.

I would also like to be sure that you do collect for a charity at your display. I like the idea that everywhere I go I will be making a difference, and if my concert brings in more cash for your charity then GREAT!!!

If this sounds good to you and you would like to be in on the fun, please email AS SOON AS POSSIBLE with your address and a little bit about yourself, your display and your idea for a gig. You can email me on my website.

Thank you so much. I'm really looking forward to getting out on the road and meeting everyone again!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for asking! It's starting to shape up, although I think folks might be a bit wary of the fact that I've asked them to look for a paying job for me while I am in their town. This was the best way I could think of that I could cover my expenses and the host would not have to pay a dime or pay for a hotel room for me (which they had to do on the 2010 tour).

I understand the wariness....if you have never done this sort of thing before it can be kind of daunting. But many people know their local librarian, or know someone on the PTA or a teacher at their local school. Theses places are often looking to bring new programming into their school or library and would likely be happy to get your recommendation. Really, all you have to do is make the initial contact and I can do the rest.

Some people have already taken the ball and run with it. I've even heard from someone who said a local store is interested in having me perform there.

My regular fee ranges between $350-$500 for these sorts of gigs, but I'm willing to negotiate. I just want to cover my expenses and maybe make enough to replace the income I'll be missing while out on tour.

If anyone has any questions about this PLEASE feel free to ask!!

UPDATE:

In an effort to put less stress on my hosts for the tour, I'm also seeking CORPORATE SPONSORS to underwrite the expenses of the tour. If you have a CHRISTMAS ORIENTED BUSINESS and would like me to spread word of your biz across the USA and into Canada, please think about this.

I can offer corporate sponsors:

An ad and link on the tour page of my website

Your business name on the banner which will be displayed at all of my concerts

Your business info on my van signage

Your business name on the official tour tee-shirt

Mentions on my tour blog, Twittter and Facebook updates, which were read by thousands during the 2010 tour

A stop at your physical business if it is on the tour route.

THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE who attend these concerts all over the country will see your name and website. AND if you have swag you want me to give away (business cards, key chains, bumper stickers, etc) send it along and I will be glad to do that at my autograph table after each show.

This is a great opportunity for exposure for INTERNET RADIO STATIONS, LIGHTING COMPANIES, CHRISTMAS DECORATION PURVEYORS and the like. ESPECIALLY if you have a website that people all over the country can visit.

Sponsorships start for as little as $200, and THINK of the exposure you will get! Contact me now via private message if you are interested!