Wall Penetrations

49mandmguy

I have a stucco house and used an standard electrical outlet box with a weather resistant cover. There are plenty of plate inserts for plugging in RJ45/ RCA/ and what-have-you. A stroll down the electrical/communications isle of a big box hardware should give you good ideas.

I do suggest gold plated connections for the outside of the house.

Good Hunting.

I have a stucco house and used an standard electrical outlet box with a weather resistant cover. There are plenty of plate inserts for plugging in RJ45/ RCA/ and what-have-you. A stroll down the electrical/communications isle of a big box hardware should give you good ideas.

I do suggest gold plated connections for the outside of the house.

Good Hunting.

I got mine at Home Depot. I have stereo speakers, cable TV, and LAN connections on my patio.

Hey Mike -

We're in the building process also and I had the electrician run my CAT5 and speaker wire outside through the wall and enclosed in an exterior box just like you would a regular outlet. Also had him run quite a few outlets out front as well while we were at it.

One other thing you might consider (which we're about to do) is to run a piece of pvc underneath your sidewalk (before it is poured) so that you can run any electrical wires under your sidewalk. I'm simply going to dig a small ditch... put in pvc with elbows pointing upward and then run the pvc up on both sides of the sidewalk until it is slightly above ground. I'll cap off the ends. Several of my outlets are within an area of the house that would force me to run the extension cords over the sidewalk. By doing this I'll be able to run my extension cords through the pvc underneath the sidewalk and keep the sidewalk clear.

Good luck with the home building process. We're REALLY excited to be nearing the end. The flooring is in and the cabinetry will be going in this weekend. I think we'll be closing in the middle of July... can't wait to get in!

jrbryant- RE- putting in PVC under the new walkway/sidewalk--- Do not use "elbow's" (90 degree turn) Instead use 90 degree sweeps. You will find them in the electrical dept near the gray PVC pipe. It is usually very difficult to get wires around a the very sharp turn of an elbow. Speaking from experience- install the next size larger than you think you need.

jrbryant- RE- putting in PVC under the new walkway/sidewalk--- Do not use "elbow's" (90 degree turn) Instead use 90 degree sweeps. You will find them in the electrical dept near the gray PVC pipe. It is usually very difficult to get wires around a the very sharp turn of an elbow. Speaking from experience- install the next size larger than you think you need.

Thanks for the tip Jim... I will make sure I do that!

Hey Mike -

One other thing you might consider (which we're about to do) is to run a piece of pvc underneath your sidewalk (before it is poured) so that you can run any electrical wires under your sidewalk. Good luck with the home building process. We're REALLY excited to be nearing the end. The flooring is in and the cabinetry will be going in this weekend. I think we'll be closing in the middle of July... can't wait to get in!

Make sure you use at least 2 inch dia PVC, you'd be surprised how fast it fills up. Also, don't just stop with the side walk, run a couple under the driveway. Your display may not require it this year but you'll be thankful you did down the road

Make sure you use at least 2 inch dia PVC, you'd be surprised how fast it fills up. Also, don't just stop with the side walk, run a couple under the driveway. Your display may not require it this year but you'll be thankful you did down the road

Another great suggestion... thanks! I KNEW there was a reason I tend to hang out here!!! :)