Did you know?
  • The original Rudolph did not have a red nose. In that day and age, red noses were seen as an indicator of chronic alcoholism and Montgomery Ward didn’t want him to look like a drunkard. To complete the original picture, he was almost named Reginald or Rollo.
  • The Christmas wreath was originally hung as a symbol of Jesus. The holly represents his crown of thorns and the red berries the blood he shed.
  • The three traditional colors of most Christmas decorations are red, green and gold. Red symbolizes the blood of Christ, green symbolized life and rebirth, and gold represents light, royalty and wealth.
  • Tinsel was invented in 1610 in Germany and was once made of real silver.
  • The oldest artificial Christmas trees date back to the late 1800s and were made of green raffia (think grass hula skirts) or dyed goose feathers. Next the Addis Brush Company used their machinery that wove toilet brushes to create pine-like branches for artificial Christmas trees that were less flammable and could hold heavier decorations.
  • ‘Jingle Bells’ – the popular Christmas song was composed by James Pierpont in Massachusetts, America. It was, however, written for thanksgiving and not Christmas.
  • Coca-Cola was the first company that used Santa Claus during the winter season for promotion.
  • Hallmark introduced their first Christmas cards in 1915.
  • The first recorded date of Christmas being celebrated on December 25th was in 336, during the time of the Roman Emperor Constantine. A few years later, Pope Julius I officially declared that the birth of Jesus would be celebrated on that day.
  • Santa Claus's sleigh is led by eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder (variously spelled Donder and Donner), and Blixem (variously spelled Blixen and Blitzen), with Rudolph being a 20th-century inclusion.
  • Outdoor Christmas lights on homes evolved from decorating the traditional Christmas tree and house with candles during the Christmas season. Lighting the tree with small candles dates back to the 17th century and originated in Germany before spreading to Eastern Europe.
  • That big, jolly man in the red suit with a white beard didn’t always look that way. Prior to 1931, Santa was depicted as everything from a tall gaunt man to a spooky-looking elf. He has donned a bishop's robe and a Norse huntsman's animal skin. When Civil War cartoonist Thomas Nast drew Santa Claus for Harper's Weekly in 1862, Santa was a small elflike figure who supported the Union. Nast continued to draw Santa for 30 years, changing the color of his coat from tan to the red he’s known for today.
  • Christmas 2018 countdown has already begun. Will you be ready???
  • Why do we love Christmas? It's all about the traditions. In this chaotic world we can miss the "good old days." Christmas reminds us of that time.
westislipxmas

Wings For Choir?

I was wondering if anybody knows if you can order the wings the choir children below. I have 2 or 3 that look like the picture below; however, I don't have the wings. Does anybody have any suggestions? Thanks and look forward to hearing back.

$%28KGrHqR,%21iwE-l5nSn%28-BPstR44wpg%7E%7E60_57.JPG

you can try calling GF but i wouldn't hold my breath.....their getting harder and harder to deal with for replacement parts! another good suggestion someone told me and i've done this is to use storage tote lids.......they work well!

I used a white storage tote lid for one of the Beco cloud angels, and it worked perfectly. A little gold paint sprayed along the edges makes it look really nice. Also, I think Karen (ebay id tom2005dogs) had them on eBay once. Maybe she has a contact. http://www.ebay.com/sch/tom2005dogs/m.html?hash=item2ebf769cc6&item=200780717254&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2562

you can try calling GF but i wouldn't hold my breath.....their getting harder and harder to deal with for replacement parts! another good suggestion someone told me and i've done this is to use storage tote lids.......they work well!

Justin, I have to say that they are pretty good to me. Actually sent me 3 items and only had to pay for one. Guess its who you talk to.

Justin, I have to say that they are pretty good to me. Actually sent me 3 items and only had to pay for one. Guess its who you talk to.

That's been said a few times on this forum: it depends on who you talk to. When you call, get the name of the person you're talking to. If they aren't of any help, call back another time, and see if you get someone different. Eventually, you might reach someone helpful! I ordered a couple of pairs of wings for the Empire angels a few years ago, and got lucky on the first try.

do you remember how much you paid for one pair of wings?

They were pretty cheap. I paid something like $5 for each set of wings (I got 2 sets), and $4 for shipping.

last sept.is when i called and they told me they where still in pool season and i should call back towards the end of the month......needless to say by that point i had already made them!

I spoke to a rep early today. Supposedly general foam has been bought by poly group as of last year. The rep then said currently it is pool season and since they bought the company they don't not know if they will sell christmas blow molds or the replacement parts this year. She told me to call back end of september. I plan on trying then and I am hoping they will sell replacements parts.

I spoke to a rep early today. Supposedly general foam has been bought by poly group as of last year. The rep then said currently it is pool season and since they bought the company they don't not know if they will sell christmas blow molds or the replacement parts this year. She told me to call back end of september. I plan on trying then and I am hoping they will sell replacements parts.

That's news to me. I ordered a replacement nose for my Santas best Snowman. And got it no questions asked. I have heard about being in pool season and having to call back.

I take all the wings off of mine. Seems the wings are heavier than the base part of the mold is able to hold up. Most of those molds are cracked up around the bulb/wing mounting point..

I am curious as to why buy the angels if they are not going to be displayed with their wings, the regular choir people serve the same purpose. No disrespect meant, just wondering.

Mel

well when I get them for a couple bucks each and I'd like them to last a while I take the wings off. most of the used ones already have the screw holes stripped or busted out. I do it to conserve, preserve the molds. And I'll add I took the wings off the ones I got new for 75% off a few years back too.