Timers

chad.pacey

Hi all,

I have a Mr. Christmas Lights and Sounds of Christmas. My goal is to leave the switch on, and let the timer turn it on and off every ***ht. Last year I had a problem with it only playing 1 song and stopping, or not even starting up at all. I did a little research, and don't think I was the only one having this problem. One solution for someone else was using a digital timer, and turning the box on and off 4 or 5 times over the course of the first 15-20 seconds, essentially resetting (?) the control box.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good digital timer that would allow me to do that kind of quick turnover that won't break the bank.

Thanks,

Chad

For Safety and legal reasons use this at your own risk if you do not feel comfortable working with Electricity Do not do this

You could use a digital if you hook a Relay into it or if it has one built in (which when ordering would be hard to tell unless it would be stated in its description)

get a Relay with 120 Volt Coil (voltage based on you countrie's voltage) and for the contacts you want it to meet your amperage and voltage needs

I would recommend getting one that would have a slightly higher rating than the fuse size on the mr. Christmas if it does not have a fuse base it on Your circuit Breakers size that you use for your display eg 15 amp breaker 15amp contacts etc...

You will need to put this in an enclosure then you can use SJTW or similar cord and put a male on the one end and wire the other to the relay and plug it into the timer

Edited by TitusCarnathan

Would it be easier to find out the problem was a correct this? So it works normally on an analog timer? What you suggest sounds easy enough, but I know I'd screw it up.

I found this online, and hope that it ends up being what my problem is.

"This is a low voltage transformer that feeds the lights. Unplug all the light strings that are currently plugged in. You most likely have voltage to outlets but a shorted light string can pull the low voltage power down to nothing so the other light strings won't light. Pull all, then plug in one at a time until one shuts the rest down. That's the bad one."

I would say that your problem is just a design flaw with the lights and sounds of christmas not a transformer issue

the recepticals are not fed through the transformer as that person said in that help page the transformer inside of it would only be for the electronics

the recepticals on it should have 120 volts otherwise you lights would be verry dim

Edited by TitusCarnathan