Scott, I haven't been here for awhile, but I remember you working on your ice skating rink. Couldn't find any recent posts, so thought I'd ask.....

Did you find a satisfactory solution to the animation problem; moving the skaters in different, overlapping paths? Or did you settle on a simpler movement?

If so, how is construction going, and do you have any pics of what you're doing? About what scale are you building? I still like the idea for the future.

Thanks,

Gary

Guest Scot Meyers

GARY!!!!!

Thought you dropped off the map. After many years with my over and poorly engineered train ( now fixed) I decided to go to a simpler plan IN FACT!! I START BULDING IT THIS WEEKEND. unforstunatley they will be 3 2.5' Daimeter turntables each one will be in a 4'x4'secion MODULAR! this wil allow for some creativity. in setting them up in different patterns. Now th figures will be kmart porch greeters made for Disney. each is 2" tall they have a pvc infratructure whick makes it easto to attach tem to a base these will have kotter keys for quick releas from the skaring surface so that they can be stored inside during the day to avoid the brutial colorado sun in the day.

Guest Scot Meyers

a few years back i totalled my minivan... but hey God blesses in misterious ways... I am using the power sliding door motor off that van to power the turntable of the Ice skating pond Its a 3 In long shaft motor. I ran hard tests of the motor for 1 hr. 30 min in each direction. in 98 dgr heat. althought the motor got warm. it ran with no rouble for 1 hr. so the motor test phase it out of the way.