Mr. Christmas Lights And Sounds Of Christmas- Price $$

• 4 weeks later...

CWG, too bad you're not local to me, I have one I bought in 2007 I think it was, used it through 2009, went LOR in 2010 for my first real musically synchronized light display. And I don't really use it, it sits in my storage unit collecting dust for the moment, still works as it was used last year in 2011 for a Halloween setting at a friends house.

Mine is the 4 channel wireless system, think I got it on a deal at K-Mart, but it was still a little pricey at the time, think I paid $129.95¢ for it on sale, regular price at the time was $199.95¢.

If you'd have been local to me in Orlando, FL, I'd have sold it to you for $25 for local pick up only. As I'm sure shipping on this particular system may be quite a bit, since it is heavy with the main transmitter/sound control box and the 4 wireless controllers {receivers} does make it weigh a bit.

I really do need to go dig it out of my storage unit to sell it, as well as get out my Halloween decor I'm going to be needing very soon for my 2012 Halloween set-up.

Edited by Orville Fugitte

Yeah, I'm very careful on mine, keep it dry and dont overload it. Gotta go LOR next year, start saving in Jan.. Thought it was

" too hard to do" but i know now I "have to" !!

thats a very good idea waiting until next year.however I was in your shoes acouple years ago and decided to download the demo version and I was hooked for good. so if you have not already go to the lor website and give it a spin,btw all your work can be saved and when you get your license it will controll lights cool huh

Very cool, thanks to both of you. will check out LOR download. I realized for the $ i was spending on other stuff, I could go pro. with LOR. my 2 lights and sounds of C. will still rock the neighborhood this season {rock at low vol.} to borrow from the NFL ; "there is no off season"

• 2 months later...

i use a ge system i just can afford an lor system yet but the ge one works good some time the recivers wont start with the next song but for the most part it works i had an extra one so i opened it and did some wireing added some rca cables so i could use an fm transmitter insted of the built in speaker and give me a reason to build a tune to sign but if you can afford to upgrade do it

i use a ge system i just can afford an lor system yet but the ge one works good some time the recivers wont start with the next song but for the most part it works i had an extra one so i opened it and did some wireing added some rca cables so i could use an fm transmitter insted of the built in speaker and give me a reason to build a tune to sign but if you can afford to upgrade do it

I was the same way thinking it was to expensive. Then I started researching and found other controllers out there that dont cost much but are a little bit more time consuming to get a set up but alot cheaper. I ended up getting 5 renard ss24 controllers controlled by light show pro you can also use vixen as well to program your show. True it's not as plug and play as a light o rama set up but still doable for most people. There also is not a company to offer you great costumer service but there are forms out there with pepple who can answer your questions and help you through most problems that you might encounter.

The expensive part I am finding is the lights. To keep the electrical supply simplified I am using all LED's and the cost this year is thru the roof! And it seems the selection is less. What is going on? I have looked at Home Depot, Lowes, Target, Walgreens, even Rite Aid. No one seems to be marking down LEDs!

Do you have any incans you can trade in? I have already traded in 20 sets at Home Depot for the discount of $3-$5 off per box per light strand turned in. I have 10 more in my car ready to go to the store now. You can only do 5 at a time, but I have two stores within 4 miles of my house.

Yea I saw that and think it's a good idea and a good deal. I have one large tree that I still use incandescents on and want to wait until these lights are a bit more worn out. I am hoping they do they same deal in years to come. :)