Menards 2012

Vintage_Decor

Went to a Menards today and checked out what they have upstairs for molds. Didn't see much that hasn't been sold the past couple years, but I wasn't able to see all of it. They will have the 4' Santa again (didn't see they snowman yet). They didn't carry it last year, but a lot of stores had leftovers. Hope it doesn't have glitter this year...

Also saw a case of elves which they haven't carried in at least 10 years. Everything should be on the shelves the first half of September.

I was hoping they'd go with the Grand Venture nativity this year, but it's General Foam once again. GF sleigh and extra reindeer, snowman with pipe, 40" snowman, red lanterns, Santa face, angel, etc.

post-35-0-86049500-1346210195_thumb.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the Elf Assortment? Is that those elves carrying packages or a candy cane or standing at a mailbox or sign? If so, meh. GF calls those part of the North Pole Collection, so I'm hoping it's something different.

I still don't have either of those elves in my display. :( Lol

From the GF number on the box it should be the North Pole Collection "Elf w/ Presents", he is their catalog number C3131 and they come packed four to a box. With the "MN" at the beginning of the number and "-2A" at the end I wonder if they could possibly be a Menards exclusive color scheme?

Something more for Bill to try to check into?

Mel

Gene, I am going by what GenFoam told me. They connected me with the sales department and I asked if any retailers in the northwest were stocking them and she checked their orders for the Glitter Pumpkins and told me that Menards were the only one that placed an order for them. I would love to have at least one of each and a friend offered to pick them up and ship them to me but by the time sales tax and shipping are added on the cost to me would be $40 each. I don't know as that I want them for that price.

They are not in the 2012 GenFoam catalog so they could possibly be an exclusive for Menards but she did not say that they were an exclusive, only that Menards were the only one to order them this year.

Mel

• 2 weeks later...