Newbie Posting For Ideas On Arches

gyonkers

Hey guys, long time lurker, and new to posting. As I described in my first post im looking at doing a couple arches (4 in total) to add to my sequence this year. Im going to go the route of LED, and would like to keep my arches to 8 channels. Any tips? also wondering on how many LED strings I should be looking at. im going to be shooting for 10ft sections on my arches, and need to leave at least 8-10 inches at the bottom for snow. also to make them leap, is this all done in the sequencing? my wife (whom has put up with my whole outdoor lighting obsession) has requested that the arches be leaping.

my though on arches is do them in odd numbers so you will have a channel dead in the center of the arch,it will open up chases that you can do like starting at the top and chasing down. so like 7 or 9 would be nice. I would say with a 10 foot section with the spacing at the bottom the 70 count m5s will work well

I have 2 - 8 channel arches both on the same controller for this year's sequence. if you need some sequences just let me know, i have some songs completed that include the 8-channel arches. Let me know what song you need.

Here is an example of my arches....

Forgot to mention, this sequence came from Lights For Riley, with offcourse my thanks for letting me download these ;)

Edited by speedyken

You will need as many strings as you plan on having channels if you want them to be leaping arches. 7 strings for 7 channels should be fine for a 10' arch. Look into the forums about making individual sleeves for your arches. This makes for an easy fix if a string fails. Whether you make individual sleeves or wrap the entire section of pvc, you will be able to see how tightly to wrap your strings by the first section you do. Programming arches to leap is fairly easy. Think of one section fades out as the next fades in, then on, then fades out etc.

I have four 8 channel arches at 10ft lengths. My sections are 18" each which has about 3"-4" leads on both ends. You can see them here

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZJkS5yXOc30FMZU88LXR7A?feature=watch

They are the sectional arches (meaning you can remove each of the 8 sections for easy storage). I used white 120ct LED lights from Big Lots.

PM me if you would like more details.

wow got a whole lot of tips from you guys about the arches. Hit my local Menards and bought what I thought would be enough to do 1 arch, and it turned out to be enough to do a half. ill post some pictures when I get it done, but im using a single color LED style light with pvc pipe. 2 strings are taking about 18 inches of pipe, so im going to use 4 strings per channel( 2 strings on each arch, I want them to dance together) looking a decent investment for first year try, but if it all works well, i want to add a second set on topwith white LED's to dance with the blue. Thanks again for all the help guys.

SO i got my first arch built today, using a total of 500 LED lights. Each channel will take up about 18 inches of pipe, and I decided to go with 5 channels. LEft a foot on each end to keep em out of the snow. I think next year I may add white lights to the mix, as this year were all blue arches. We have a theme of using blue lights, and decided if I was making arches, they were gonna be LED. Hopefully with any luck, Light o rama will have the controllers to me here within the next week and ill be able to do a test video of the arches.