Mega Tree And Led Lights

Wayne K

I have used mini icans on my mega tree for the last few years and I ordered led lights for it this year. My question is with the icans I folded a 100 light set in half and tie wrapped the end as to have a eyelet at the end and then hooked that over the hooks on top.

So as I opend the new led lights and began to investigate them, they have a diode pack or resister pack at the half way point. So has anyone encountered this and if so what did you do? DId you stagger the fold one way or the other? Or did you make a hook of some sort to hold this little round pack in the middle and then hook on the topper?

Thanks for any input on this

Wayne

Thanks for the info. Since this is my first use of the LED lights, That is what I thought I would have to do was off set the string. The other thing I did not know was the 100 led's had 3 of these in it. I have only gotten 1 case of the 70 led's and it looks like my other 8 cases will be here this week.

Thanks

Wayne