Hey everyone, my christmas display has been shutdown by my city! I am looking at putting up the biggest inflatable Grinch that I can find, however I'm having trouble finding anything bigger than the 8' one.

Is there one bigger out there, and any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Just curious: Why did the city shut you down?

I thought it was a HOA in Holdman's neighborhood that shut him down since he lived in a gated community, not the city that did it. {But I could be in error, been a while since I read about his situation.}

Can't say I've ever heard of the city shutting anyone down, but guess it's possible.

Edited by Orville Fugitte

The problem is that may neighbors had a city councillor in their pocket, and when there was more cars then they liked coming to see he show they got the city to draft and pass a bylaw. It was a horrible process to go through that ended with us being portrayed as the bad guys in most press. My wife and I stayed quiet for the majority of the process and chose not to go all political activist since that usually makes more enemies. However maybe we should have. Anyways, I have some stuf in the works to possibly relocate to a public venue. Could be better, but not the same!

• 2 weeks later...

That's to bad about your display. Some people were born sucking on a lemon, and have no Christmas spirit at all. Grinch'e for sure. My town holds a contest where you supply your address and the newspaper judges your display, if you win you get a full page color write in the paper. We have a place called Dove Court where all 7 houses go all out to win.