Spooky Hollow 2012

Guest Blowmold Magic

Guest Blowmold Magic

Amazing looking display as always! Love all the new additions and changes you've made this year. All the repaints look awesome. The witch display is very cool with the buzzard in the tree. Also, love Linus and Sally and the Candy Corn Cottage! Everything looks incredible!

Thanks so much, I finally got it where I wanted it. I really enjoyed creating it this year.

Guest Blowmold Magic

FANTASTIC DISPLAY!!!! :) -as always!! haha You never cease to amaze me at what can be done to make a yard look so festive and inviting!! -Thank You!!

Thank you so much, I love playing around with my molds and trying to change it up a little each year.

Simply wonderful and beautiful!

Looks like so much fun too.

I'm already a fan of your YouTube videos.

I'm a new member here, so it's really grand to find your photos here as well.

You do an amazing job each holiday.

The hard work really pays in the end.

:-)

I would love to know where you get your blowmolds usually.

And what paint do you use?

Spray or brush?

Again....great job!

Guest Blowmold Magic

Simply wonderful and beautiful!

Looks like so much fun too.

I'm already a fan of your YouTube videos.

I'm a new member here, so it's really grand to find your photos here as well.

You do an amazing job each holiday.

The hard work really pays in the end.

:-)

I would love to know where you get your blowmolds usually.

And what paint do you use?

Spray or brush?

Again....great job!

Thank you so much Gregory, I really have a lot of fun with them, wanted to get this one in a video, but ran out of time, then once I had the time this storm hit. Most of my molds I get secondhand, Goodwills thrift and antique stores, fleamarkets and ebay. All of my repaints are done by spray, you never want to brush a blowmold. I mainly use Krylon regular and Fusion, but have found pretty much any brand works, except for that Valspar garbage by Lowes. I have a repaint guide of how I do my repaints on the FB page, if that helps. Glad you found me and thanks again for your kind words, and sorry not near Ohio.

Ditto on the best Halloween display ever and very inspirational. Likewise, it is nice to see something not filled with blood and guts.

If there was a Planet Christmas Halloween award, you certainly would deserve it.

(If it wouldn't be too much to ask, could you give some details on the flying witch, absolutely brilliant)

Guest Blowmold Magic

Ditto on the best Halloween display ever and very inspirational. Likewise, it is nice to see something not filled with blood and guts.

If there was a Planet Christmas Halloween award, you certainly would deserve it.

(If it wouldn't be too much to ask, could you give some details on the flying witch, absolutely brilliant)

Thank you so much Brian, it has really been my focus to decorate on the happy part of Halloween, it is hard since most of the stores only seem to carry the creepy things, so it forces me to make and create my own decorations.

The flying with is made entirely from PVC pipe many joints and elbows to create her, I have her built right to the broom, which is also PVC so she is all one piece, then to bulk up her legs added pool noodles to the PVC and stuffed her using bubble wrap and plastic bags, keeping her light and not soaking up water. There is a cable running from my chimney to my neighbors tree, she then hangs down from that on two smaller cables. This was my first PVC project and really fun and inexpensive to do, the hardest part was rounding up all the clothes and mask, etc. many trips to Goodwill. There is also an album on the FB page (the making of Hilda) with some pics of her as I was building.

Thanks again for your kind words.

Nice! I love the repainted Step-2 Cottage...never would have thought of that!

Thank you, I love painting those up for the different holidays, they have so much potential and I get them very cheap, added to more to Christmas this year.

Aw, man. I used a cottage in my Christmas display last year, added a bunch of candy looking lights, had the gingerbread men and lolly pops around it. Never occurred to me to actually paint the cottage. Dang! Add that to this year's to-do list! Another excellent idea!

Guest Blowmold Magic

Aw, man. I used a cottage in my Christmas display last year, added a bunch of candy looking lights, had the gingerbread men and lolly pops around it. Never occurred to me to actually paint the cottage. Dang! Add that to this year's to-do list! Another excellent idea!

LOL Elaine, sometimes just addiing the accessories carries them, but a few painted details on the house really adds to them, only drawback is you can't multi use the use the house for the other holidays. I have tried to just paint the accents so I don't have to worry about scratched paint in storage, they are a lot of fun to makeover.

Guest Blowmold Magic

I'm home sick today so maybe it's time to do some posting. I'll see what I can scare up (oh, wow, I made a funny despite my foggy thoughts!) And thanks for your kind words, Tom!

Well I hope you are feeling better, and hope to see your pics soon!