Help With Cutouts - Make Larger

So I found this cool image of a snowman on the net.....

I'd like to blow it up and make a very nice size plywood cutout.

However, how do I take something that is only 12" when cut out and turn it into something that is 5-6 feet tall?

I don't have a projector... wondering if anyone knows of a quick and dirty way to blow this up.... thinking the flashlight trick but not sure about that.....

Open the image in Paint. Select image, select resize/skew. Increase in increments of percent both horizontal and vertical. Click on Image, Attributes to see actual size. When you get to the size you want print it. Tape pages together and you have the size you need to trace unto your board. Works like a charm!

however, how about printing.... I don't see an option where it will print multiple pages to come up with the new dimensions, etc

Yoooou have a problem!!!! Just kidding, if your printer dosen't have the capability to do what TexasKate mentioned save your file to your thumb drive. And take it to say your local Staples of office max I think they both have the Xerox 250 printers and they should be able to do it for you.

Ok. thanks for that direction I get that part now and see how to tweak it.

however, how about printing.... I don't see an option where it will print multiple pages to come up with the new dimensions, etc

When you print the enlarged image it will print all,the pages needed. Keep them in the order they print out. Then tape the pages together and you will have the large image, pattern you want.

I've been officially schooled in this topic! Thank you all for your help, much appreciated.

Too bad I have to use the most expensive commodity (printer ink) for this project.

BTW - Are there any web sites out there that are good for getting images for cut outs??

The way I did mine wasI got the picture and too it to fed ex and they made the poster for me, its was 10 dollars no biggie. then to transfer it unto my media I went old school and I painted the back of the print (outline) with pencil and then transfered the print unto my media (coroplast) and I have made 2 amazing elves Pancho and Panchita

I've been officially schooled in this topic! Thank you all for your help, much appreciated.

Too bad I have to use the most expensive commodity (printer ink) for this project.

BTW - Are there any web sites out there that are good for getting images for cut outs??

Did you read my post #9 ? Take your file to one of those places and have them print it out for you and tape the sheets together. If you have them print it out in B&W it should only be a couple of bucks.....Far less than printer ink Edited by gmac