Mixing Led Colors On Same String

I am fairly new to the world of LED lights so I am looking for some help. I have built several candy cane cuttouts and I am putting led lights in them. I have taken a strand of white and a strand of red and mixed them so that each candy cane has one total stand of red and white led lights.I have been reading many of the sites and I am concerend that they will not last they year since the operate at different voltages. Has anyone done this before or are there things that I can do to make them last. I have powered them up and they look great but I have one light at the end of each strand or in the middle that doesnt light up so this is what concerned me so and help would be greatly appreciated. I know that some sets have a resistor but I cannot find the resistor on this set. They are 70 count L.E.D. enchanted forest brand lights bought at Menards.

I've had the same question and was told by many on here that it doesn't matter. You can connect all types of LED to all types of other LED with no problem. I'm doing it for the first time this year (normally keep all types on different extension cords) so I guess I'll find out. I didn't even check to see if only one light was out. Guess I need to check. It would be great for others to chime in.

I am not sure that is a resistor or actually a rectifier in order to adjust the wave of the electricity.

I have many strings of mixed colors that have lasted for more than 5 years now, although there is not any white in the string. And I have had a few strings not last a year. This has more to do with the weather and the rusting of the leads more than anything else.

Since then, I have gone to sealed and commercial grade. Because they are sealed, I cannot mix them so for most of my multi-color strings, I leave the bulbs in and twist multiple strings together. Same effect, more lights, and no worries!

The blending is to keep the forward voltage of the lights to within the original design criteria on the string. Roughly, red, yellow, and orange would be about 2 volts and blue, green, and white about 4 volts. So if you had a full red string of 50 bulbs, it would be 100 volts. The total forward voltage can be above the original design without any danger -- the lights will be dimmer however as each bulb will not see the full current that the design was setup for. So, you could take out half the reds and replace them with half whites and be fine. If you started with a string of whites and replaced half of them with red, however, now you have a reduced total voltage across the string. Then all of the bulbs are getting more current than originally intended (sometimes quite a bit more). They will get brighter and last shorter. Having said all that, you can be off by 10 or 15 volts since the strings have to be designed somewhat for temperature and line voltage fluctuations which affect the total voltage and/or current seen on the string. You can also add resistors if you are ready to go that route. Assume a 20mA average current and follow Ohm's law to substitute a suitable voltage drop into the line to get it back to the original total voltage. However, make sure the resistor is also large enough to handle the power it will have to dissipate.

Thanks for the information I will have to look at the resistor since I did start with both red strings and white strings. The strings do not seem different in brightness between them and are working except for the one bulb one each string weather it was a white or red to start.