Holidaycoro Rgb Floods + Lor S3

JeffRo

I'm seeing some strange behavior using Holidaycoro's RGB flood lights being driven from LOR S3. I'm using their most recent DMX dongle designed to work with LOR.

I configure one flood light for channels 1-3, connect it through the holidaycoro power supply and I'm able to control the light through S3. So far, so good.

I add another flood light, configured for channels 4-6 by expanding off the splitter. I add channels for this flood in S3 as well. So my S3 channel configuration has 1 through 6 circuits on Universe 1 for a DMX universe.

I add some effects to turn on the floods for all channels, and now each channel is "one removed." By that, I mean that what previously worked for channel 1 now responds on channel 2. Channel 2 on channel 3, etc. Simply plugging in a second flood light bumps the entire channel configuration by 1.

If I unplug the second flood light, the configuration returns to normal and the first flood light responds as expected on the configured channels.

What is this effect I'm seeing?

I am not sure if what you are describing is the same things I am seeing.

I set my floods to 1 & 4. They worked fine using XLights testing one at a time.

Using LOR when I turned on Red, they did not work. When I turned on Green, they went Red. When I turned on Blue, they went Green.

I then set the IDs to 1 & 5. I then shifted the channels in the RGB definition to 2, 3 & 4 and 6, 7 & 8. Now I am able to control them.

I did not test under LOR with a single flood. I'll have to look into that.

Edited by cacoulter

I am not sure if what you are describing is the same things I am seeing.

I set my floods to 1 & 4. They worked fine using XLights testing one at a time.

Using LOR when I turned on Red, they did not work. When I turned on Green, they went Red. When I turned on Blue, they went Green.

I then set the IDs to 1 & 5. I then shifted the channels in the RGB definition to 2, 3 & 4 and 6, 7 & 8. Now I am able to control them.

I did not test under LOR with a single flood. I'll have to look into that.

Yep, that's the same effect I'm seeing. It sounds as if the flood IDs take one of the channels, so a chain of floods would be assigned like this:

Channel - Use

1 - Flood 1 id

2 - Flood 1 Red

3 - Flood 1 Green

4 - Flood 1 Blue

5 - Flood 2 id

6 - Flood 2 Red

7 - Flood 2 Green

8 - Flood 2 Blue

9 - Flood 3 id

10 - Flood 3 Red

11 - Flood 3 Green

12 - Flood 3 Blue

Going to try this assignment to see if it works.

Channel - Use

1 - Flood 1 id

2 - Flood 1 Red

3 - Flood 1 Green

4 - Flood 1 Blue

5 - Flood 2 id

6 - Flood 2 Red

7 - Flood 2 Green

8 - Flood 2 Blue

9 - Flood 3 id

10 - Flood 3 Red

11 - Flood 3 Green

12 - Flood 3 Blue

This works. The pattern is Id-Red-Green-Blue for multiple RGB flood lights. The weird thing is that if there is only one RGB flood, then the pattern must be Red-Green-Blue (no channel assigned for Id.)

This is due to the output in LOR S3 when using the HolidayCoro programmer as a DMX output device. If you take the same sequence and play it using xLights, you'll find that it works fine. I'd recommend using one of the LOR S3 "supported" DMX output dongles if you are not using an application like xLights for sequence scheduling (though I would):

http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/16319-supported-dmx-adapters/