"instant" Sequencing Help

Hi, The latest Planet Christmas magazine has an article about creating instant sequences using SuperStar, but I can't seem to get it to work properly. My license is Basic Advanced and 2 CCRs. I'm using 32 channels and no CCRs. I updated my LOR software to version 3.8 just to get the "Create Quick Visualization" option in the SuperStar program.

I'm trying to use the option that does NOT use the visualizer. So, I go through the steps as described in the article. Then after exporting the sequence to the Sequence Editor, all I see is shades of gray on all of the channels. It is turning the various channels off and on and fades etc, but there are no colors.

I'm wondering if I have missed some setup steps somewhere along the way?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, David

Well, it seems that after I import the instant sequence to the sequence editor, I can then enter the colors for each channel. I thought I had the channels defined as to their location and color, but I guess not. I have not utilized the visualizer because I don't necessarily use the same setup from year to year, so it seemed like an unnecessary step. However, it might be the way to go. Still playing around with SuperStar.

David

how i do it with out visualizalor file-open audio tools-instant sequence set tmc to theme-2segs color-native movement-none inensity 100% them choose timing map check the beat then pick the freq you want to use close choose sequence all then play if nyou like what you see then go to file chose export will set a file open a sequence you want then choose file open choose the file ss made ok it will open a second sequence you can click back and forth i then open ss copy the channels i like choose the other sequence highlite the whole channel past you will get 3 or 4 of the same some are half instensity some are 100% use the 100% you go back a forth it tell your happy with the sequence

84..turns out that what I was seeing is what was expected...I just didn't know what to expect! So, once you import the instant sequence to the sequence editor, you can then assign your lights colors to the channels... then it looks like you'd expect.

That being said, if you only have a few controllers, it's probably worth the time and effort to create a visualization. It makes it a lot easier to evaluate the instant sequence prior to importing it to the sequence editor.

Also, there is now a video on the LOR site that gives all the steps to do and what to expect. Take a look there.

David