Anyone Had Reg Lights To Burn Out Like Every Other Light Bulb Half Strand?

so noticed my end set lights on my fence was not working, the first half got to checking it it seems everyother bulb is black and burned out I have never seen this many burn out at once?

I got a light pro and loving it its been helping me keep my old old icecycle lights going but they seem like everyday a section of them go out dn't understand I have never had so much issue with lights going out.

When enough incan mini lights burn out, there are too many volts going to the remaining bulbs, which brightens them up. Eventually it will get so bad that whichever bulbs are left will all burn out at once. At that point your string is basically trash, unless you want to replace all 50 bulbs in the series. If you keep replacing individual bulbs whenever you see even one, it will prevent this from happening.

When enough incan mini lights burn out, there are too many volts going to the remaining bulbs, which brightens them up. Eventually it will get so bad that whichever bulbs are left will all burn out at once. At that point your string is basically trash, unless you want to replace all 50 bulbs in the series. If you keep replacing individual bulbs whenever you see even one, it will prevent this from happening.

Oh ok thanks for the info, Guess I need to buy LOT more bulbs lol'

haha, I had someone drop off a reindeer last year (found it on the porch when I came home from work). I replaced every single bulb on it, (75 or so) and now it works fine and is in fact part of this year's show. But yes, if you don't replace bad bulbs, it can happen. I had 1 section of icicle lights burn up last season right in the front of the house about 2 days before NY. I savaged the cord, stripped the lights and opened a new replacement string.

Oh ok thanks for the info, Guess I need to buy LOT more bulbs lol'

Just be careful if you buy new strings of lights to use for the replacement bulbs only that they fit into your existing strings. I didn't notice that and now I have to pull the bulb out of the holder and make sure the 2 wires fit correctly into the new holder (watt a pain)

Just be careful if you buy new strings of lights to use for the replacement bulbs only that they fit into your existing strings. I didn't notice that and now I have to pull the bulb out of the holder and make sure the 2 wires fit correctly into the new holder (watt a pain)

At first when converting the new bulbs to the reindeer, the bases seemed to fit just fine... but soon learned that some bases didn't hold a solid connection. I had to pull the basses off and replace the fresh bulbs into the old bases. 75 bulbs or so later, the string works perfectly.

Yeah i have to change bases when changing kinda pain i have bags and bags of lights most in holdeds that dont fit anything over the last 20 yrs have takenlots stands didnt worktook bulbs out threw away the none working strands

Sent from my ZTE-Z990G using Tapatalk 2