Another Nativity Set

Jim, as you know, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so someone must have thought that this set was good looking or it would not originally have been sold and displayed back in the 60's (which it was).... Also, as you know, my interest in blow molds is not necessarily in what is beautiful or ugly but in putting together a collection that represents the history of what the many holiday blow mold manufacturers made. If we only collected what we thought were good looking blow molds, more then half of what most manufacturers made would probably not be recorded for future generations to know anything about them. You probably remember the post made a few months ago by the PC member who stated that in his opinion all of Union Products blow molds were ugly, if we all thought that then most here on PC would never know about the majority of what UP made. We have dozens of UP blow molds in our collection that to my knowledge pictures have never been posted in the forum and since UP did not mark their older ones, most do not even know that UP made them. It is because of trying to record a lot of the history of the different blow molds, that last year I asked you about the possibility of your contributing pictures of the A J Renzi banks that you had acquired for putting on Blow-Molded.com.

Mel

Mel I sure do know what you are saying! The business I work for has just now slowed down to a point that I may actually get those pictures for you! Its been another amazing year thanks to mother nature! And let it be know I salute you and what you do to record the history and collect the blowmolds we all love! Now .. If I can remember where I put those darn banks!!!!!!!

Jim

I'm not particularly fond of this set myself, but I do greatly appreciate the work you do in documenting blow molds. I especially love when you share catalog images, and pictures of less common pieces like these. I copy those images all the time!

Thanks, Mel! :)

Are there only two versions of the woodgrain Holy Family?

Bill, these are the only two sets that I am aware of, there could possibly be others but I do not recall seeing pictures of any others. As I said in my post last December, the other woodgrain one is shown in the 1967 JC Penney Christmas catalog but I have not seen any references as to a date that this set was made.

Mel

I'm not particularly fond of this set myself, but I do greatly appreciate the work you do in documenting blow molds. I especially love when you share catalog images, and pictures of less common pieces like these. I copy those images all the time!

Thanks, Mel! :)

Thank you Elaine, sometimes I wonder if it is worth the time taken to make the posts of the information, not many appear to have any interest in it.

Mel

Thank you Elaine, sometimes I wonder if it is worth the time taken to make the posts of the information, not many appear to have any interest in it.

Mel

I sure appreciate the info that you provide to all of us. I may not reply very much but I monitor the forums daily. I agree with above posts, I don't like every single blow mold. But the history behind them is nice to know. Again, I appreciate you providing the pictures and knowledge to all of us. Merry CHRISTmas everyone!

Mel

Mel........Your History Postings Are Well Worth Your Time......And ours..........Because You feed the hunger for knowledge........and besides......... did you not mention the quote" Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder".......Your information postings are a form of beauty.............