Lighting Up You Cutouts

hello Fellow PCers/ decorators... I went to do a run to walgreens for some soda and I came across LED flood lights for 10.99, per wired, all you have to do is plug it in and position it. I thought it would be an amazing addition to my lighting. This would light up my 2 elves that I did this year.

Just thought I'd share the ideas.

Let me know what you all think

Joe

Let us know how this worked for you. I'm still using the old-fashioned flood-lights, which unfortunately give some wash-out and tend to light up other areas you may not want lit. I just haven't jumped into the LED lights yet but I want to.

Let us know how this worked for you. I'm still using the old-fashioned flood-lights, which unfortunately give some wash-out and tend to light up other areas you may not want lit. I just haven't jumped into the LED lights yet but I want to.

thakns for all the replies. They look amazing the LEd is the cool light not the orage kind and mkae my elves come to life on my display. I am going to take pictres and post them. But they look amazing

Home Depot had LED floods on the shelf too but no pricing anywhere. I'd be interested if they could be dimmed by a LOR controller.

I bought that one last year it was like 30 bucks but way to bright I had it lighting up my tune into sign and it ate the paint. But these positionable led floodlights with a stake on them are pretty cool they give off enough light to light up the cutouts and not be overpowering/deter from the other lights the light is just right for what I need it for

Are the Walgreen LED floods dimable? I use 15 - 20 incandescant spot lights, all low wattage, most 25 - 40 watt, a couple 60 watts, but these LED floods would help alot to reduce my power usage.

Tks!!!

I am not sure if they are dimable I am not 100% sure

• 6 months later...

I bought a bunch of those last year after Christmas - we recently moved to a new house and it is a long way from the house to the bottom of the hill (150 ft) - I have not put electricity down there yet - All of my Cutout displays are going to be down there and I plan to light all of them with the LED Flood lights - BUT let me ask you this - need opinions - my wife and I have bought some really good solar flood lights that lights up our house very nice.  I plan to get out a couple of my cutouts this weekend and set them up in the backyard and see just how bright they will light up the cutout.  Has anyone tried this before?  If it was to work I would not have to get electricity to the bottom of the hill for awhile - otherwise I will have to get a heavy duty extension chord down there to hook up the LED Flood lights

Thoughts????