How Are The Ga Blinking Light People Doing?

RobertB

• 3 weeks later...

Ok Georgia people's lets get out and support our lighting friends. My wife and i and our 21 year old daughter, along with 5 dogs got out this past Saturday and visited several places that were using either LOR systems or something similar and after 5 hours of drivi g I still had a great time. We visited Stone Mountain, Decatur, Lawrenceville and Alpharetta. This coming week we are doing Douglasville , Kennesaw and wherever else we can find. I just started with 16 channels and I am ready for at least 64 lol . Programming is killing me though. So lets get out there and support anyone in the CHRISTMAS spirit.

We got up a week late here in Augusta, the week after Thanksgiving, but after a few tweaks here and there, have mostly been problem free with plenty of happy visitors.  We are 64 channels this year, planning to be around 128  for 2013.  Hope to at least be at 96 for sure.

Steve

We visited a few in the Lawrenceville area on Friday and then we went to Newnan, East Point and Fayetteville this past Saturday. We plan to go see displays in Cumming, Alpheratta and the surrounding areas on Friday. May start out in Canton and work our way back to Lawrenceville. On Saturday we plan to go Douglasville, Acworth and Kenesaw. Since I'm taking this year off from decorating, I thought we would go around and see what everyone else have done.

Unfortunately, I got diagnosed with pneumonia this weekend so it's going to be much later that I do my traveling to see the other light shows.  I know I caught the basic cold because I try to say hi to each and every visitor (crazy notion, but I do enjoy it).  According to my wife, I won't be doing much of that this week, maybe not even next week :( (she's pretty strict).  Anyway, I hope all of you have a really great time.  I saw most of the shows last year and they were fabulous.

If you are in my neighborhood to see the light show, please stop and ring the doorbell.  I will come out, if only for a moment.  Google or Facebook search "Mint Julep Christmas Display" for exact location.  Thanks and stay healthy!

Richard

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mint-Julep-Christmas-Display/194725090538052

Edited by rjnitto

Hey Richard,

Nice article in the AJC!  I hate to hear your sick. Took my band (along with chorus and orchestra) to Disney last week. GREAT lights. Unfortunately, BUNCH of kids came back home with the flu. I was sick while we were there, but WAS NOT going to let the one time a year of "Disney Magic" (and at Christmas Time!!!) stop me from going into the parks.

Hope you get to feeling better!

Robert

(Have a Google Map on my webpage for my location. Hope the wife lets me travel some after school is out this coming week.)

New to this forum, but not new to displays, mainly inflatables, about 350, maybe about 10,000 or so lights, as tiem and money permit, hope to move to more lights, we have a 4 acre driveby display,

1210 Kingston Highway, Kingston Ga 30145, drive by if you get a chance.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to see some GA folks at it. I haven't been on PC in a while. Too busy working and working. LOL We have been up and running and plan to do so until New Years Eve. Had a big year this year. More traffic than I ever thought imaginable for starters. We also had a marriage proposal in front of the display and an Angel that is helping a family in which we raised money for. 

Wish I could get out and check out others this year but unfortunately traffic does not allow me to get out. We have so many people we should have a mini!

We're still at it, between insane work schedules all around.

With a lot of rain moving in tomorrow, this may be the last night of blinking for the year here. The GFCI's only shut us down one other night after a good soaking, so it's all good. Two of our neighbor's are tied into the show now, added at the last minute, and one more will be joining in 2013. The traffic was a bit heavier this year, so we were able to raise a significantly larger donation to the non-profit we support.

A mini sounds good. We haven't been to a GA mini since 2008.

Happy New Year!

We had a great year, one of the local mega churches mentioned our display generating a lot more traffic. We ran 12,000 lights on 80 channels with most of the attention placed on the singing Christmas tree quartet from holiday coro. We only had to shutdown 2 nights do to weather. I already have ideas for next year but I may take a month off just to regain my sanity.

Had one night that GFCI's tripped. So when it came again one night or two nights....I just didn't run it. Another night that it tripped right at the end of the night with 2 cars out front...bummer. May try and change out my mini trees for some type of mini trees that won't trip. Have some ideas.

On the mini and the expo. Just not sure if we could make it up to the expo. Might have a better chance of making a mini within the state.

• 3 months later...

This was my first year with LOR and I had a few people stopping by during Halloween and Christmas.  The GFCI kept tripping and I finally tracked it down to a bad floodlight.  The fixture eventually separated from the bulb.  Once I removed it from the system, I really didn't have too many problems.  Hopefully it won't be as rainy next year.  I also managed to adapt my old Mister Christmas system for my son's Cub Scout pack's entry in the local Christmas Parade.  We won first place in our category!  Next year I am looking at adding a LOR system to our float.   ;)   I am upgrading the display to either 48 or 64 channels for next year.

You can see videos of my display here.

You can see our

It's too bright to see the lights.

Torqumada   

Edited by Torqumada286