They're Back, And Only 3 Apples High.

christmas_nut

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

did you draw these free hand when you made them I swear to god i just said to my wife i want to add a smurf scene to the display i need a copy of these images badly so i can use my projector to duplicate these please say you made some sort of pattern or stencil for these and that you still have it anyway very nice i may just have to try and trace it off the pc but i love it thnx

• 2 weeks later...
please do not delete this post i think i can get a copy off the pc by using tracing paper and then transferring with my projector when i get my new one thanks

I still have all the images if you need them.

I glad you liked them.

If you need tips or ideas PM me.

I check this site almost daily.

I will send the paint code tonight.

All the cutouts were done basiclly from scratch. I used images from google and my brain to come up with whay you see.

The basic lay out of them all is papa smurf santa at one end with all the other smurfs lined up to see Santa Smurf and Garamel at the end picking them off.

I made 3 Smurf houses to go in behind and just alternated the chimney's to go on the opposit side. I also alternated the colors of the roof for each one.

There is also a tree to go with heafty an grumpy smurf but I forgot to take a picture of it before I sold them.

Your best bet to get the same images is get several pieces of transparent film for projectors and trace the images you see.

Each smurf is about 2feet tall, give or take a few inches. Gargamel is 4 feet at the highest point. The Papa smurf scene is about 4 and a half feet at the highest point. The smurfs on the ladder is 4 feet at the hightest point.

The paint is BEHR Premim plus medium base 1400 self priming paint interior flat

(350B-5) Color name is azurean

Just a FYI. I Use a satin finish over everything. Hence the flat paint.

Also, I have no intentions of ever removing these pictures.

If you happen to take on this project post pictures of the finished project, I would love to see it.

Good luck.

Im a little confused is the behr paint code you gave me the smurfs blue and if so what do you mean you use a satin finish over everything do you clear yours or something see I just use a outdoor paint for my final color and I dont need to clear them or anything ....Maybe Im just not understanding what your saying but thats not hard to do lolololo

Im a little confused is the behr paint code you gave me the smurfs blue and if so what do you mean you use a satin finish over everything do you clear yours or something see I just use a outdoor paint for my final color and I dont need to clear them or anything ....Maybe Im just not understanding what your saying but thats not hard to do lolololo

If the code is not right Im sorry, thats all I have. However the name of the color can be found on the BEHR Paint chips at Home Depot.

This may help though.http://encycolorpedia.com/4fb5d7

Yes I do use a outdoor clear coat to go ovey my cutouts, because I use differant types of paint and finishes. This just makes everything look better IMO.

Outdoor paint is the best thing you can use for cutouts. Its Way better than clear coating. Im cheap when it comes to paint.