Just curious.. this is my 3rd year running most of the lights on my house, and Im blowing the fuses in the plug in left and right. These lights are on about 3 hrs before they pop..and never in the same place. So far, after they are replaced, they stay on...i hope. Do the fuses just give out over time? Has anyone experienced this , and whats a good fix?

Hey thanks..some of the lights have only 3 strings of 100. Last yr, i know i overloaded thes same lights with 6-8 strings and they went 30 days without a problem. All the lights on my house are Lowes holiday living maybe? I ve always had pretty good luck with these..and now I've replaced 5 fuses in different places

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think it would be over voltage.  Remember that fuses are rated in amps (current) and the voltage rating is just a maximum that should be applied to avoid arcing.  An over voltage would not typically take out a fuse.  I believe the fuses in the strings are rated 250 volts or even higher.

1tnvol,

i had about 6 or 7 strings of lowes pop the fuses , and when i opened the the little cover to pop them out , it looked like something that had been in saltwater for a while .........so i just thought it was all the rain ,  but there was a problem on a tree where the light strings did not stack  and it would trip the gfi , that was a new one on me too  , and that happened when it was  VERRY dry out , all were lowes 100 ct. incans.