Light Keeper Pro Question

I've had mine since the end of last season and it's been absolutely fantastic. I haven't had to use it that much but when I have, it's awesome. I just noticed the last few times I've used it that the bulb tester seems to be not working correctly. It's very difficult to get a known good bulb to light. Is this simply because of a low battery or could the contacts on the LKP be the problem? I have a hard time believing it's already the battery as I barely used it last year and not too much this year. The batteries aren't cheap and I would hope they would last much, much longer that this. If the contacts, what's the best thing to use to clean them?

Just curious if anyone has experience this before I go any further.

I've had mine since the end of last season and it's been absolutely fantastic. I haven't had to use it that much but when I have, it's awesome. I just noticed the last few times I've used it that the bulb tester seems to be not working correctly. It's very difficult to get a known good bulb to light. Is this simply because of a low battery or could the contacts on the LKP be the problem? I have a hard time believing it's already the battery as I barely used it last year and not too much this year. The batteries aren't cheap and I would hope they would last much, much longer that this. If the contacts, what's the best thing to use to clean them?

Just curious if anyone has experience this before I go any further.

Possibly your need new batteries. there are three little button batteries inside.you can find them everywhere, try some of the dollar stores.

My batteries don't last long either. It's the only fault of such a high quality tool. I usually go through 2 sets in one season. If you can buy LKP after Christmas at half-price, it may be cheaper than the batteries themselves. That's what I do. I know Lowes and Hobby Lobby has them now, but not marked down yet.

The batteries died on mine when I was repairing strings during setup this year. Of course this was late in the evening and I did not feel like going out. So I decided to resurrect an old Light Keeper Pro that had battery corrosion damage that was lying around. It is working great now - AAA supercharging!

post-11139-0-12492700-1354595283_thumb.j

Edited by Uncle Al

The batteries died on mine when I was repairing strings during setup this year. Of course this was late in the evening and I did not feel like going out. So I decided to resurrect an old Light Keeper Pro that had battery corrosion damage that was lying around. It is working great now - AAA supercharging!

This made me :lol: :lol: :lol: