New Ccr Tree Display In Gloucester, Va

Guest Franktronics

Guest Franktronics

I add something new to my display every year and this year I've added Color Cosmic Ribbon tree with 12-ribbons and a 6-channel star on top.

I presently have 6 songs running on a 22 minute loop. Hope to have a couple more done in the next week.

Here are some Youtube videos:

For more information on the display see the website at

http://lightshow.franktronics.net

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Franktronics

thank's for the compliments.

Come by and see the show, I have a total of 6 songs running right now and should have a 7th up in the next couple of days. The video dosn't do it justice.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Frank

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm planning on building a 12ccr tree and I have a lot of questions. I live in South Dakota so I have a 3 weekend window to set everything up from Halloween to Thanksgiving. Winters can be brutal. However, I'm trying to figure out how to make a free standing, portable ccr tree, and I would like the "pipes" the ccr strips are attached to be removable.

Has anyone tried to build a PVC ccr tree?

If I do have to use conduit, what is used for the base? I've seen one using 2x4's.

I've also wondered about the space at the bottom. I've heard everything from 6.5 inches to 14 inches. Is the tree suppose to be flat or slightly rounded at the base?

I've received some diagrams, looked at videos and pictures but I don't know if any of those will work. I have a ranch style house with very little for anything to attach to it. I don't plan on having a star. I've built my shooting stars and spiral trees out of PVC. I'm not sure on a 17ft tree. I'm up for suggestions. Thanks

I'm planning on building a 12ccr tree and I have a lot of questions. I live in South Dakota so I have a 3 weekend window to set everything up from Halloween to Thanksgiving. Winters can be brutal. However, I'm trying to figure out how to make a free standing, portable ccr tree, and I would like the "pipes" the ccr strips are attached to be removable.

Has anyone tried to build a PVC ccr tree?

If I do have to use conduit, what is used for the base? I've seen one using 2x4's.

I've also wondered about the space at the bottom. I've heard everything from 6.5 inches to 14 inches. Is the tree suppose to be flat or slightly rounded at the base?

I've received some diagrams, looked at videos and pictures but I don't know if any of those will work. I have a ranch style house with very little for anything to attach to it. I don't plan on having a star. I've built my shooting stars and spiral trees out of PVC. I'm not sure on a 17ft tree. I'm up for suggestions. Thanks

Has anyone tried to build a PVC ccr tree?  Yes, I did and had problems even with 2" pvc .....I assume your tree will be 15-16 ft tall it will it will have a tendency to bow. 

If I do have to use conduit, what is used for the base?  Your best bet & easiest way is to get a steel fence post at say @ HD pound it in the ground and slip 2" emt pipe over it and you can get by with 1 guy wire behind the lights to support it

Is the tree suppose to be flat or slightly rounded at the base?  That a matter of preference but if you bow it say 210 degrees it will give mote of a 360 degree tree

Just FYI: I attached my strips to 1/2" tube I had one end crimped so I only had 2 8" sections that came apart and held together with a zip screw then I pounded wood dowels in each end and I screwed an eye hook in the wood the top was attached on to a mega tree holder that I got from CLS it's round so the other side of the hook I attached my guy wire to.......... the bottom was approx 5" from the ground (that spacing amout is personal preference) then I drove rebar into the ground and attached the 1/2"pipe with small bungy cord.  the lights had no sag and looked really good, and we had it up in around an hour.

Archived