For seven years I have had all my controllers inside the house mounted on a wall and never had any problems. This year I finally got brave and put couple of my controllers outside. The controller outside is sluggish. The tree thats suppose to light doesn't always light. I have checked cat5 connections and checked that the cat5 cable is good. When putting this board together I goofed and soldered in one of the smaller chips in backwards. I wonder if I may have harmed something when desoldering. Its put together correctly now. I put together 30 boards successfully so I'm confident that the board is good. Any comments are welcome.

I was just wondering if I may have ruined the chip when I desoldered it the other night because I put it in backwards. However, last nights show things were working better. Not sure why this particular board seemed to be struggling a few days ago.

I was just wondering if I may have ruined the chip when I desoldered it the other night because I put it in backwards. However, last nights show things were working better. Not sure why this particular board seemed to be struggling a few days ago.

Its never good to solder in a chip wrong. BUT if you didn't power up the controller the damage should be minimal. The biggest problem to the chips is during the soldering - HEAT. Be very careful when soldering or un-soldering a chip. If you question the chip, contact LOR to send it back. Let them know what you did and they will take care of it. They also fully test the boards before they return it.