One Switch To Rule Them All

fantasmicpond

I have 7 circuits to outside for my lights (no LOR or computerized control) and only 2 of those circuits have switches, the remaining 5 I have to plug in and unplug each night.

I've been looking for but can't find a product that I could plug inline with a switched outlet that transmits an RF like signal when on so when the other circuits sense the RF signal, they close the relay in their device to turn on the lights for that circuit.

The circuits electrical outlets are within 75' of each other, but at different locations around the home.

Does such a product exist that can be bought?

Before I moved into the LOR world, I used 4 dedicated outside circuits similar to yours, and used an Intermatic ST01 timer on each circuit. I mounted them in single-gang boxes in my mechanical room right next to the panel, and then outside. They can be programmed for multiple on-off cycles, come on at set times or sunset, etc. They were only rated for 15 amps each, so I had to watch the load when I ran mostly incans. I have had to replace a couple of them over the years, but they have generally worked pretty well. You can get them a variety of places online.

I still have them installed, but just leave them set for constant on for the circuits that have the LOR controllers.

Thanks, that's a good idea but I actually have a twist, ... I should have posted it originally...

The two outlets that are switched are actually Control4 switches so they're controlled via the home automation controller which turns them on 20 minutes after sunset and off at 10:00pm. I also have the ability to turn them on and off while I'm away which I like.

I do have the option of adding 5 more Control4 outlet switches but at about a hundred bucks each, I was hoping there might be a less expensive solution.

I've worked in restaurants for over 20 years. Those Intermatic timers were commonly used for the parking lot lights and sign post. They lasted for years without needing replaced. If I were just doing a static display, I would purchase and install the intermatic timer after the breaker before the outlet where my display elements plug in.