2013 Florida Mini Annoucement

michael b

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our other event that was on this date got changed to a different date.  Depending on our current funds at the time, the wife and I will try and make this if possible.  All depends on wether some checks get here early enough.   So it is only a possibly for us at the moment.

Just in case we can make it to the Florida Mini the names will be: Orville & Marcia Fugitte.

Will have to let you know a little closer to the event.

Our other event that was on this date got changed to a different date.  Depending on our current funds at the time, the wife and I will try and make this if possible.  All depends on wether some checks get here early enough.   So it is only a possibly for us at the moment.

Just in case we can make it to the Florida Mini the names will be: Orville & Marcia Fugitte.

Will have to let you know a little closer to the event.

Thanks Orville. I'll list you two as maybes.  :)  I hope to finally meet you.

The numbers of people keep going up. We have 35 attending and 10 that are thinking about it. 

RGB, DMX, LOR, Projection, Multiple houses will all be discussed.

We will have several door prizes from some amazing vendors.

A delicious buffet sandwich lunch

A conference room with wifi and a projector.

You get to meet some incredible individuals.

Cost: Only $16 per person.

We are less then a month away.

I will be bringing 4 PC-CTB16PC-COMPLETE controllers to the the mini on March 23rd. These have been assembled and used for 2-3 years. They have the version 1 board in them (CTB16PC-V1). As I understand the V1 & V2 are the same except for some parts made by a  different company and have different firmware, otherwise they are the same. I have had no problems with any of these controllers and 2 of them were spares. The controllers are wired for 30 amps (2 plugs) and the dongles have been numbered with a silver sharpe. I will sell these for $185.00 each (check) or $175.00 each (cash). If you wish to reserve one prior to the mini please PM me, they will be sold on a first come basis. I will also be bringing some TRIAC OPTO-ISOLATORS and 16 AMP 600v TRIACS. These will be sold as spare parts for the GEN 2 controllers there will be 2 of each in a pack for $5.00 ( I only have10 packs).

Thank You

Earle 

Florida Mini Update: 38 are attending 9 maybes. 
We are going to meet for dinner Friday night, March 22. If you would like to join us let me know so we can let the restaurant know the number dining. I will post the restaurant soon. Calvin and I will be there.

Hi everyone.  I'm Randy from Lake Nona Lights.  My friend Todd and I will be attending the mini.  This was our first year for lights, and we are hooked.  Looking forward to seeing everyone!

Randy Tennison

www.lakenonalights.com

Hi Randy! Welcome to our crazy and fun world. I have you and Todd on the attending list. Please message me Todd's last name. Thanks!

Michael Beason

Hi everyone.Im Shane from Lakeland. I will be attending, as well as my dad and possibly my brother in law. I will also be selling a LOR color ribbon, never used. Asking $150.00 . Looking forward to seeing everyone, and hoping to take the next step into the DMX  world.

Hi everyone.Im Shane from Lakeland. I will be attending, as well as my dad and possibly my brother in law. I will also be selling a LOR color ribbon, never used. Asking $150.00 . Looking forward to seeing everyone, and hoping to take the next step into the DMX  world.

Hi Shane.  Welcome. Please message me you and your dad's, first and last name. I will add you to the list of attendees. Let me know about your Brother in law. Thanks and see you soon.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.  Count me in.  I am bringing some stuff (lights, enclosures, power supplies) to sell or trade if we get the chance.

Ed

Ed there will be time to sell. Also, please message me your last name. I have two Ed's on my list and I don't want to miss anyone or double up. Thanks! See you in 14 days!

Sadly we won't be able to make it.  Unfortunately we have a very sick cat and may have to put him down soon.   We're watching him closely over the weekend, he was just seen by his vet on Friday morning 2/8, but unfortunately she is home very ill herself.  So Monday we're to call her to let her know how Timone {the cat} is doing.    He would be 19 years old in November, so he is an old cat.  As much as it may pain me to put him down, it may be best for him.   He has gotten vert lethargic, bad arthritis in his rear legs and back, which makes it difficult for him to walk, if he manages to get up on something we usually have to pick him up to put him on the floor.

So if I have to do this, neither my wife or I are going to feel like doing much of anything for a bit.

Below you'll find a photo of Timone.

post-11511-0-99432600-1362847232_thumb.j

Sadly we won't be able to make it.  Unfortunately we have a very sick cat and may have to put him down soon.   We're watching him closely over the weekend, he was just seen by his vet on Friday morning 2/8, but unfortunately she is home very ill herself.  So Monday we're to call her to let her know how Timone {the cat} is doing.    He would be 19 years old in November, so he is an old cat.  As much as it may pain me to put him down, it may be best for him.   He has gotten vert lethargic, bad arthritis in his rear legs and back, which makes it difficult for him to walk, if he manages to get up on something we usually have to pick him up to put him on the floor.

So if I have to do this, neither my wife or I are going to feel like doing much of anything for a bit.

Below you'll find a photo of Timone.

attachicon.gifTimone-0016.jpg

Sorry to hear about your cat. I know from experience how hard it is when a family pet is suffering. Take care and thanks for letting me know.

Ron and I will be attending the mini but won't be able to attend the dinner. Thanks Michael for reminding me with a private message. Just so happens I am off from work the whole week. The surgery went well and Ron is doing great. Still don't know how to get some stuff done on LOR so I am anxious to get a couple of questions answered.

Ron and I will be attending the mini but won't be able to attend the dinner. Thanks Michael for reminding me with a private message. Just so happens I am off from work the whole week. The surgery went well and Ron is doing great. Still don't know how to get some stuff done on LOR so I am anxious to get a couple of questions answered.

You are welcome! See you both in ten days!

The 2013 Florida Mini is so popular (52 attendees and 6 maybes) we are going to close registration. Please notify by email or messaging Michael Beason that you are going for sure. [email protected]

We will start a waiting list for anyone new.

We are having a Friday Night dinner, at:

Celebration Town Tavern 721 Front St Celebration, FL 34747 (407) 566-2526

Date: March 22nd

Time: 7:00 pm

Cost: We will each go and buy our own dinner.

Notify: Michael Beason,  [email protected]

The Florida Mini:

Date: March 23

Time: 10am-3ish pm

Cost: $16 per person- Payable at the door.

Location: Celebration Golf Club House inside the Windmill Tavern Restaurant. Address: 701 Golfpark Drive, Celebration, FL 34747 Phone:(407) 566-4653

Selling Your Items:  Please bring any items to sell. It is a good idea to post on PC or LOR forums. You may sell before 10:30, during lunch, and afterwards.

WIFI available so bring your laptop, tablet, etc…

Projector and computer set for presentations and for sharing.

Lunch: (Included)

Build your own deli sandwich with selection of Boars head meats

Assorted Cheeses and condiments  Chef Choice soup of the day  Cole slaw  Fresh Baked Cookies  Iced Tea & Water  This will be served buffet style

Hotels:

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/mcocb-bohemian-hotel-celebration-autograph-collection/

http://www.radisson.com/kissimmee-hotel-fl-34747/flkissim

http://es.melia.com/estados-unidos/florida/melia-orlando-suite-hotel-at-celebration/index.html

http://www.parkwayresort.com/

Agenda: Tentative

9:00 -10:00 Set up and meet any early birds.

10:00 Meet and Greet - Meet each other and get to know each other and make some new friends.

10:30 Welcome all. Introductions and display information from attendees.

11:00 Using LOR on Multiple houses, Coro, and Using Projectors

11:45 RGB: Types and applications

12:30 Lunch

1:30 Photographing Your Display

1:50 Running a Large Display

2:20 LOR

3:00 Door prizes and 50/50

3ish Wrap it up.

Selling items before lunch, and after.