Show Your Nativity Display

The nativity is my favorite part of the display.  The first 10 or 12 years after I bought my house, that was the only thing I displayed in the yard.  Then 5 or 6 years ago, I caught the blow mold bug, and well, you all know what happens next!  Anyway, here's my nativity this year (baby Jesus will go out Christmas Eve).

xmas-2012-4.jpg

The odd looking string of lights around the Star of Bethlehem is an old string of twinkle lights.  When the motion light isn't lighting up the green wire like in this picture, it looks like little stars twinkling in the sky!

wonderful display.. I had mine packed up for over 14 years..why..I do not know think it had something to do with my mother passing but put most of it out this year..camels and live stock are still packed some where. notice you have the same shepard boy I have.. does it have 1`or 2 lights? Mine has 1 but noticed there is a hole near bottom.. mine is not very bright when lite

wonderful display.. I had mine packed up for over 14 years..why..I do not know think it had something to do with my mother passing but put most of it out this year..camels and live stock are still packed some where. notice you have the same shepard boy I have.. does it have 1`or 2 lights? Mine has 1 but noticed there is a hole near bottom.. mine is not very bright when lite

The small shepherd boy has a double light cord, one near the middle of the back, and one near the bottom.  Glad you got your nativity back out again!  Would like to see pictures!

Thank you Elaine for answering my question.. went to the next town in this god awful rain to get some more lights. hopefully tomorrow I can get my yard back to normal and take some pictures. It is suppose to be windy up to 30mph again tomorrow. so we will see..

To stop mine from blowing over I use 2 pole on each blow molds. I pound one in on each backside of the blow molds. Than I use zip ties to tie them to the poles and it works great. We had 30+ winds also and not one blow mold was down that was put up like that. Just some wooden stuff and a lantern that was in one of the trees fell.

• 2 months later...

MY BLOWMOLDS NEVER FALL OVER, I USE A PIECE OF CONDUIT PIPE, POUND IN THE GROUND THEN PUT A BRICK INSIDE THE BLOWMOLD AND THEN SLIDE THE BLOWMOLD OVER THE PIPE. YOU DO NOT SEE ANY WIRES, TIES OR VISIBLE PIPES AND THEY WITH STAND ALL WINDS.... I WILL POST A PIC OF MY NATIVITY DISPLAY A LOCAL CHURCH IN MY TOWN WAS GOING TO THROW AWAY A 15 PIECE LIFESIZE ALFCO NATIVITY SET. THE SET WAS USED SINCE THE LATE 60'S AND WAS IN VERY BAD CONDITION, I RESTORED EACH AND EVERY PIECE BACK TO ITS ORIGINAL GLORY... CAN'T WAIT TO DISPLAY.... CAME OUT AWESOME...  

Of all the things I have done the nativity is still my favorite. The star glowing over the manger, the sheep, almost life size, still the favorite. Love to hear parents stop and tell the children about Christmas, and oh yes the one little Girl who was so excited, "I see baby Jesus, I see baby Jesus" all worth it.

399185_4897452154802_1064404750_n.jpg

• 3 months later...